Total Classics Phase 9 released

Jim825

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this mod is incredible! I'm already hooked, and I just downloaded it an hour ago.

My only question is why the '75 and '78 Red Sox are featured, but there is no '46 Sox team. Personally, it seems strange that there is a '41 team but not a '46.

this mod is incredible! I'm already hooked, and I just downloaded it an hour ago.

My only question is why the '75 and '78 Red Sox are featured, but there is no '46 Sox team. Personally, it seems strange that there is a '41 team but not a '46.

When Total Classics was originally developed 3 years ago, it was a continuation of a project that had been started with MVP2004. For the MVP2004 version of Total Classics, modders developed individual team "packages". Each team package was developed by one or two modders, and it typically consisted of a team roster and portraits. Sometimes uniforms might be included.

These packages were then released to MVPMods. You can find them here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/c=7.html

To use a team package, you'd have to download it and install the pieces individually using a number of different tools. While it wasn't the most efficient method, it allowed classic baseball fans to be able to have classic teams in their game.

When MVP2005 came out, Team Classics decided to continue the idea of a classic baseball mod. As a starting point, they took all of the classic teams developed for MVP2004 and put them into a single set of rosters, single set of portraits, etc. That's why the '41 and '78 Red Sox are in Total Classics (i.e. they were already available from MVP2004). 1941 was a good year for both the Red Sox and the Yankees (both are in TC), since it was the year that Ted Williams hit .406 and Joe DiMaggio had his 56-game hiting streak.

Team Classics then worked together to come up with the other teams that made up Total Classics. I joined the team later, so I wasn't involved with this part of the project. My guess is that the '75 Red Sox made it in TC because of the famous Carlton Fisk home run in the '75 World Series.

I love this mod! Carl Hubbell needs to be on the '39 Yankees and '41 Yankees, though. :yeah:

And why is that? Carl Hubbell never, ever played for the Yankees. He played sixteen years in the major leagues, all with the New York Giants.

Check your facts.

I love this mod! Carl Hubbell needs to be on the '39 Yankees and '41 Yankees, though. :yeah:

Carl Hubbell played his entire career with the New York GIANTS. See below (from retrosheet.org):

I use Total Classics 2005 Phase 9 !!!!

but Iam very sorry about 1900s,1910s,1920s,1930s team and palyer!!!!

there are little 1900s,1910s,1920s,1930s team and palyer!!!!

so I politely request the total classics and upload your Total Classics 2005 Phase 9 (ex. Total classics 2005 phase 10)

and IF you make this player!! I will be very thank for your work!

I will not forget

1.Pete Alexander

2.Tris Speaker

3.Nap Lajoie

4.George Sisler

5.Mel Ott

6.Carl Hubbell

7.Harry Heilmann

8.Bill Terry

9.Paul Waner

10.Pie Traynor

11.Ed Walsh

12.Willie Keeler

13.Chuck Klein

I use Total Classics 2005 Phase 9 !!!!

but Iam very sorry about 1900s,1910s,1920s,1930s team and palyer!!!!

there are little 1900s,1910s,1920s,1930s team and palyer!!!!

so I politely request the total classics and upload your Total Classics 2005 Phase 9 (ex. Total classics 2005 phase 10)

and IF you make this player!! I will be very thank for your work!

I will not forget

1.Pete Alexander

2.Tris Speaker

3.Nap Lajoie

4.George Sisler

5.Mel Ott

6.Carl Hubbell

7.Harry Heilmann

8.Bill Terry

9.Paul Waner

10.Pie Traynor

11.Ed Walsh

12.Willie Keeler

13.Chuck Klein

You already posted this request in another forum: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=33239.html

Please do not post the same message in multiple places. Doing this is considered spamming, which is against the site rules.

download it again. and if you're not already doing so, use a download manger, such as the one that firefox uses, or something else other than internet explorer.

When Total Classics was originally developed 3 years ago, it was a continuation of a project that had been started with MVP2004. For the MVP2004 version of Total Classics, modders developed individual team "packages". Each team package was developed by one or two modders, and it typically consisted of a team roster and portraits. Sometimes uniforms might be included.

These packages were then released to MVPMods. You can find them here: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/c=7.html

To use a team package, you'd have to download it and install the pieces individually using a number of different tools. While it wasn't the most efficient method, it allowed classic baseball fans to be able to have classic teams in their game.

When MVP2005 came out, Team Classics decided to continue the idea of a classic baseball mod. As a starting point, they took all of the classic teams developed for MVP2004 and put them into a single set of rosters, single set of portraits, etc.

I have a question, if this is how the teams were chosen for Total Classics for MVP 05 then why aren't the 84 Cubs in it but the 89 Cubs are? There's a team package for em but not for the 89 team, plus, I think most Cub fans will agree that the 84 team was more of a legitimate contender being that they had a better record and more veterans than the 89 team. This is just something I'm curious about as I already know how to edit the rosters, portraits and whatnot to put the 84 Cubs into the game. I just was wondering how it worked out the way it did...

If that's the case, then perhaps all my facts aren't correct. I know that the team packages for MVP2004 were used as a starting point for Total Classics. As I said, I was not involved with developing the list of teams that made it into Total Classics, so Team Classics must have had a reason to include the '89 Cubs but not the '84 Cubs.

"Submitted for your approval....... (cigarette, cigarette).... Jim825 and his friends are perpetually stuck in time (emphasis on the "i") ..... destined to play baseball in funny baggy pants and hats that don't fit....... but these baseball players pitch and bat in a different zone only known in their circles as........ the Twilight Zone (doodle-le-oodle-le-oooo)"

Thanks for the great mod guys!

First of all, I love what you guys have done and I enjoy playing it. With that said, I just wanted to request something for your next installment (if you plan on doing another one).

My request is this....My all-time favorite ballteam has always been the '87 Cardinals. I would like to request that the away uniforms be grey instead of blue. I seem to remember that as the color scheme back then. The same thing for the '87 Twins too. Also, if you could, it would be nice to have the 80's Busch Stadium (or just the Busch Stadium that's in MVP already) as the default stadium for the '87 Cards.

Other than that (and the fact that I want more 80's teams) I love this project. It's so much more enjoyable than playing with the 2005 teams.

First of all, I love what you guys have done and I enjoy playing it. With that said, I just wanted to request something for your next installment (if you plan on doing another one).

My request is this....My all-time favorite ballteam has always been the '87 Cardinals. I would like to request that the away uniforms be grey instead of blue. I seem to remember that as the color scheme back then. The same thing for the '87 Twins too. Also, if you could, it would be nice to have the 80's Busch Stadium (or just the Busch Stadium that's in MVP already) as the default stadium for the '87 Cards.

Other than that (and the fact that I want more 80's teams) I love this project. It's so much more enjoyable than playing with the 2005 teams.

Uniforms shouldn't be too hard. For the '87 Twins, we can assign them the same uniforms used by the '91 Twins, since they are almost identical. For the '87 Cardinals, we can assign them the uniforms used by the '68 Cardinals, since they are similar (and closer than the '78 Cards uniforms currently assigned to the '87 team).

Setting the default stadium is harder because the '87 Cardinals are currently in a minor league (AAA) slot. All of the minor league teams default to the stadium aaa1nite.big (Ebbets Field). In order to make Busch Stadium the default, you'd have to overwrite aaa1nite.big with bushday.big. This would mean that you'd lose Ebbets Field.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I was able to get the team names... will play this as soon as I finish my 64 season with my beloved Cardinals. Lou Brock is hitting .408 with (23hr-81 RBI's, 24-2b, and 17-3b, 72 sb's). Chance for history... Well at least in my fantasy world.. Have to play out the last 21 games and see if he can do it.

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping up this thread because I recently started a dynasty with the 86 mets in TC 9. The game crashes in the 1st inning in game 2 of the season when the darling takes the mound. I guess this is related to the darling cyberface issue. Is there a link someone can provide to replace his cyberface. The one above just brings me to the ea mod forum. I also do not have TiT installed. Will this make replacing the file difficult? Thank you!

Archived