Forbes Field 2.0

Sean O

**see readme file for installation directions**

* Left field scoreboard rebuilt from scratch

* Full batting cage in center (collision data not yet active)

* Many new higher-definition graphics, specifically on the walls

* Shaded night version

Enjoy!

forbesss9.jpg

forbes2gr6.jpg

Ok, a slight update will be coming in the future, sorry for making people download again.

* added the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in left, full 3d

* Added the Hillman Library

* Increased the Longines Clock size (thanks HCL)

forbes3fs7.jpg

forbes4yy9.jpg

I still need to work on collision data in CF for the batting cage, and a few other touchups.

Is that pic supposed to be the increased size, cause I think it still needs to be bigger. Nice work on the building.

The Clock should stretch from the '8' on the innings line of the left side of the Scoreboard and should stratch past the 'A' in National on the right side of the scoreboard. It also looks like the foul pole should either be shorter or the scoreboard should be taller. AHHHH!

In viewing a book on Forbes - that I'm trying now to get back from the library - this building was clearly visible from the right field upper deck. It's the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial - just two blocks away on 5th Avenue. I grabbed a couple of great textures and was able to very easily add this. I'm hoping I can merge this into Sean's file. It's completely 3d. I think I have it slightly too close and the angle is probably wrong. (BTW - Ignore my Gruen clock - that's just for me living in my little 1956 world). I've also added two more pics - one of the rf wall - Sean this is the texture I think I've got down almost exact - and one of my all time favorite baseball shots. This is opening day 1956 looking into the Dodger dugout. Furillo (6) and Walter Altson (white hair) are clearly visible in the front of the dugout.

Thanks Paul, you could see I had a bit of trouble nailing the RF texture. Same goes with the net, since I added it into alphablend you can use true "shades of grey". It's in part 73 I think, and if you want to make it look much more realistic that would be great.

I may release the Hillman Library separately for '67 and '69, since the texturing isn't as thrilling as Soldier's or Carnegie, but it is historically accurate. I'm sending you the .rar file with the park now (3.62 mb, why was it so big before?), and you can chop it up as you see fit. If you have any trouble combining, I can always dump it into zMod and let that figure it out.

Archived