New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Tough loss, rick, and to lose this late in the game makes it even worse.  3 games under .500 isn't the end of the world at this early in the season though.

Hang in there.   B)

The 3 games under .500 may not be the end of the world BUT being fourth behind the Jays, Yankees and Rays is pretty close. -_-

TEAM W L Win % GB

Tampa Bay 43 35 .551 --

New York 38 39 .494 4 1/2

Toronto 39 41 .488 5

Boston 38 41 .481 5 1/2

Baltimore 37 43 .463 7

The 3 games under .500 may not be the end of the world BUT being fourth behind the Jays, Yankees and Rays is pretty close. -_-

TEAM W L Win % GB

Tampa Bay 43 35 .551 --

New York 38 39 .494 4 1/2

Toronto 39 41 .488 5

Boston 38 41 .481 5 1/2

Baltimore 37 43 .463 7

I agree.  Not only are you in a hole, but you're going to have to fight your way through some of the best teams in baseball.  Ouch. My A's are pretty weak this year, but at least I'm in a weak division.

I agree.  Not only are you in a hole, but you're going to have to fight your way through some of the best teams in baseball.  Ouch. My A's are pretty weak this year, but at least I'm in a weak division.

I've still got numerous encounters with all the teams above me but the way it is going. It will be another opportunity for them to pull out a bigger lead. Last season i was confident that i would easily make the play offs through the wild card at minimum. This year i can't even see me having a shot at the wild card because the wild card leader, Minnesota has a better record than even the Rays.

Congrats on the W, rick.  4 runs on 6 hits, now that's efficiency.   ^_^

I've been relying on David Ortiz and Salty to pick up extra base hits which has won me the last 2 games.

They are my only two players hitting over .300

In the words of Coach Vince Lombardi, "What the hell is going on out there?". :shok:

It has got worse. I bought in the not so reliable Jon Lester to preserve my bullpen somewhat.

Every run that has scored has come from a home run.

RR,

Have you considered tweaking your (user) contact sliders a bit? (or handicapping the AI pitching a bit more)

I only bring that up because you've played a lot of games, and likely have good MVP skill, but you have 3 or 4 star players batting 40 or so points below where they should/could be, and I'm wondering if your sliders are slanted a tad too much against your offense?

I'm all for challenging sliders, but I'm just wondering if your sliders are just a bit too challenging.