Copying the MVP Discs

mrg1

So due to the age of my MVP discs, the outrageous prices for MVP 05 on ebay/amazon, and the fact that I'm going to start playing MVP on my laptop, I thought it might be a good idea to make a copy of my MVP 05 discs.

I ripped the game's ISO's onto my computer in RAW mode (took forever), then burned the images to CDR's. Then it was time to install on my new computer. I inserted the install CD, began the install, and completed the install without a hiccup. Then I put the play CD in, and let autorun do its thing The Roger Clemens loading screen comes up, and then I get the "please insert the correct CD" error.

Any way to get past this? I'd really like to retire my original CD's for safekeeping. And I am not interested in getting any sort of hacks or cracks (not that such talk is allowed on these boards anyway).

As always, any and all advice from the community is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It's probably the burning that screwed it up. Only a handful of burners can burn Safedisc discs effectively.

My suggestion is to install Daemon Tools and run your .iso's with that.

It's probably the burning that screwed it up. Only a handful of burners can burn Safedisc discs effectively.

My suggestion is to install Daemon Tools and run your .iso's with that.

I actually used imgburn to "create" an ISO from my MVP CDs, and then ran the ISO on Daemon tools.

I'm hoping that moderators try not to lock topics like these, but there is a slippery slope that leads down to piracy :

I bought the game, i just made the copy, so if i lose/break my CDs, i'll have a backup.

I'm hoping that moderators try not to lock topics like these, but there is a slippery slope that leads down to piracy :

I'm not. In fact, I'll post this link from a thread right here on this site that will help owners of the game to back up their original discs. I hope this helps.

ok i'm trying to do the same basic thing, running my game off of iso's, i thought i was using daemon tools correctly. everything goes fine, iso files save as MVP2005_CD(1or2).iso...i think its all going good, but when i mount the iso to a virtual drive, the name of program or iso or whatever on the drive doesn't come up as MVP2005_CD(1or2). it comes up as a bunch of numbers, 060716_0104 (for cd1) and 060716_0032 (for cd2). also it does not automatically run, i think it somehow shut off autorun. which isn't a huge deal i just have to open up the file and click on the .exe and it starts. but the name change is throwing me off. and i wanted to have a fresh install of mvp08 doing it from iso's instead of disks. during installation when it says "insert disk 1" i mount the disk 1 file to a virtual drive, but it says "disk 1 not found" i think its because of this name change that it does once i mount it, how can i stop the name from changing???

Thanks for the input guys. And Y4L, thanks for the link.

I've never used a virtual drive before to run ISO's off my PC, I've just always made disc copies. I'll give that a shot.

ok i'm trying to do the same basic thing, running my game off of iso's, i thought i was using daemon tools correctly. everything goes fine, iso files save as MVP2005_CD(1or2).iso...i think its all going good, but when i mount the iso to a virtual drive, the name of program or iso or whatever on the drive doesn't come up as MVP2005_CD(1or2). it comes up as a bunch of numbers, 060716_0104 (for cd1) and 060716_0032 (for cd2). also it does not automatically run, i think it somehow shut off autorun. which isn't a huge deal i just have to open up the file and click on the .exe and it starts. but the name change is throwing me off. and i wanted to have a fresh install of mvp08 doing it from iso's instead of disks. during installation when it says "insert disk 1" i mount the disk 1 file to a virtual drive, but it says "disk 1 not found" i think its because of this name change that it does once i mount it, how can i stop the name from changing???

Have you tried renaming the iso file to MVP2005_CDx? That is what my isos are named, and they work flawlessly.

I think I either used Alcohol or CRWIN to create the iso.

Archived