Using MVPedit

Toleton

I posted this question in the EAMODS web page, but I had no answer yet. Maybe here I will have more luck. I am trying to updtate the AL and NL all stars rosters from last July game using MVPedit (from R. Glass) for modifying database but still do not find the way. If I transfer a player to one of the all stars teams it does not stay in his original team, so there is no copy option. If I edit over a player in the all star team or delete it to put a new player it is removed from the original team. So if anyone have modified a roster in the database with MVPedit please give me any hint

When I've created All Star teams for the single season mods I released (TC1951, TC1956, TC1978), I've done it as a multi-step process. Here's how I did it:

1. If you already have a .mbe file, make a copy of the .mbe file. If you don't have a .mbe file, open up MVPEdit, import your rosters, and save the .mbe file. Exit MVPEdit and make a copy of the .mbe file.

2. Open up MVPEdit and open up your copied .mbe file. Create your All Star teams by moving players from their current teams to the All Star teams. Don't worry that they are moving from their original teams because you will be discarding the .mbe file copy later.

3. Once you have created your All Star teams, export the two teams using the File->Export->Team menu option. Do this twice (once for each team) and save each team as a .met file, giving them names like AL_AllStars.met and NL_AllStars.met.

4. After you have saved your All Star teams, open your original .mbe file in MVPEdit..

5. Import your All Star teams into the .mbe file using the File->Import->Team menu option.

6. After your All Star teams have been imported, export your rosters to your data database folder using the Export menu option.

You now have proper All Star teams and the players are also still with their original teams.

This has worked for the single season mods, where I play exhibition games or run dynasties (with all trades and injuries turned off). I can't guarantee what would happen if injuries occur or trades are allowed, but for me, this works fine.

the traditional way to edit the all star teams is to do it through a text editor such as notepad. the method jim uses it, works just fine. however, you are only allowed to create 3250 players before the roster will crash the game. so the reason we use the text editor to do the all star teams is so that there aren't any duplicate players, thus reserving 50 spots for more guys on the entire roster database. if you're not getting close to 3250 guys on the roster, you're good to go.

Hi Jim825!! I followed your instructions and it did not work fine at all. The game loads both all stars AL and NL I modified in the database and can be checked OK, but by starting ANY game it crashes, so after reading Homer´s posting it seems I did something wrong, then I would like to ask some points:

1. I normally work with the .mbe file in the database folder, is this correct or shall be in the MVPedit folder??

2. For making the new all stars rosters I deleted the players I wanted to discard and then transferred the players I wanted from their original rosters, could this cause a problem??, shall I just switch the players from one roster to the other without deleting??

3. After setting up both all stars rosters I corrected the pitching rotation and batting lineups before saving the .met files in each case. By importing these .met files in the original .mbe file I noticed that both rotation and lineups were changed from what I did. Shall this rotation and lineup setups be corrected after the .met files are imported??

4. I first did the all star AL roster and save the .met, but due to a mistake I had to return back to the original .mbe and then make the all star NL roster and save the .met file, so I did both separately and not at the same time. Could this cause an error??

Well thanks in advance to the experts, your help will be welcomed!!!

when you imported the team, did you use the replace option?

make sure you read and re-read everything he posted to the exact step because he's having you in essence work with two rosters. the reason being is that if you do any editing to the all star teams in mvpedit, it will crash the game. the method he describes is to use two rosters. one is the actual roster and one is the dummy roster. the dummy roster is used to create your all star team, and then export it to an mbe file. that mbe file needs to be imported into your actual roster and replacing the current teams.

now if you did this, and you actually still get crashing, go to Tools>Find Player and do a blank search. see how many players show up in the search.

Hi Homer!!: I normally use the KG rosters (currently 6.0) and I decided to do the blank search as you said before doing anything for having a baseline, and it has 3303 as original, and I have always played with this roster without any problem, how KG have managed this I do not know but his roster works with more than 3250 players. Then I followed jim825 procedure with extreme care and the final result was the same. This time I worked the .mbe and .met files in the same MVPedit folder and never deleted a player, just switch from one team to the other and setting the rotation and lineups before exporting the .met files. By importing these I checked to replace and it took all players OK, but again I noticed rotation and lineups order were distorted from what I did before saving the .met files. Maybe the program can not stand with 25 items or players at the time or I am missing something. At the end the number of player was the same as the original, 3303. I even thought that as some all star players have the same number in the same team this could be the cause, but negative because KG 6.0 rosters has the same situation with the all star rosters and it works perfectly, so I am run out of ideas..HELP!!!

kg's roster does what i had spelled out previously in that he edits parts of it in notepad so that there aren't duplicate players. he replaced the legends and heroes teams with prospect teams, who are already in the game. so 50 of his 3303 are actually from the those teams, and another 50 are from the all star teams, bringing his total to 3203. so if you used his roster and used jim's method, your total would turn out to be 3253, which is too many.

kg's roster does what i had spelled out previously in that he edits parts of it in notepad so that there aren't duplicate players. he replaced the legends and heroes teams with prospect teams, who are already in the game. so 50 of his 3303 are actually from the those teams, and another 50 are from the all star teams, bringing his total to 3203. so if you used his roster and used jim's method, your total would turn out to be 3253, which is too many.

So at the end I did it!!!, I deleted the oldest players from the free agents list to a final No. of players of 3256 and no crashing, played a couple of times with my new updated all star rosters and everything OK, thanks a lot Homer and also to Jim825 for the procedure, you both really are in the game!!!!!!

Archived