How Difficult is it going to be?

One thing I have had a blast doing with BBPRO98 and High Heat 2003 is creating an "alternate universe" type of league by changing the names (Memphis Miracles, Raleigh Renegades, Gotham Gargoyles, Texas Talons, Bay Area Bombers, etc), logos, and uniforms and using a fantasy draft for the rosters.

It's kinda fun making the unis, logos, etc, but it was very easy with HH2K3 and the uniform templates and editors made by some guys. I've read the information about LocLook, and the pdf on how to edit uniforms. But, I'm wondering if it's too much of an undertaking for one guy to do on MVP05/08?

Has anyone attempted anything like this? I ask because it can be very fun playing a franchise with all the teams/logos/unis that you created, and you don't need to be concerned w/ MLB trades and trying to keep your franchise in tune with MLB ... it also allows the "universe" to take on a life/flavor of its own. I'm just curiuos as to how much work it's gonna be. It was easy with HH, but I have much less time now than I did then.

Any feedback, ideas, suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I ordered MVP05 and a new video card, and am waiting for them to arrive, or I would have just tried a team to see. I thought I'd get started on uniforms while I wait (I've downloaded all the mods I will use when the game arrives.)

It really isn't that hard to do. I actually did that for one of my dynasties - moved the Florida Marlins to Las Vegas. I actually went ahead and completely re-arranged the divisions for it as well.

You can actually do a lot of things to completely create your own "alternate universe".

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=32282.html

That's awesome.

I do what you did and just google for logos, and I have found minor league hockey to be a goldmine for attractive, creative logos, etc.

What program did you use to move the teams? Are their templates available that already have colored jerseys, hats, helmets, etc?

I'm likely not going to have much time (3 kids, administrative job,other hobbies) to do all of it for 30 teams. I'm thinking of doing something similar to what you did, although I'm very hesitant to take someone else's idea ... especially one so well done and original. Perhaps a new owner could take the Pirates to San Antonio to become the Texas Talons, or to Cali and become the Condors, or to Carolina and be the Cobras, or Oklahoma City Outloaws (all have great logos/lettering).

This would just be for myself, and I would not infringe on your dynasty by making a thread.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Wow, seems like a cool idea. You could make your own personal logos using Photoshop and the pen tool.

This does look cool. Maybe you should find a partner, as making 32 (if I counted correctly) jerseys (*2, home and away) might get really, really, really tedious.

Sorry, I edited my post and removed the custom 30 teams and custom divisions from the thread. (That was A LOT of fun on HH though)

I gotta keep my ADD in check, and realize I don't have time to do all that editing and custom unis, logos, etc.

I have all the logos made for HH2003, and they look great, but the unis in MVP05 are going to be much more work than HH.

I'll just pick one team, and edit them, perhaps turning Pittsburgh into the Carolina Cobras or Kentucky (Louisville) Cobras and keeping them in the NL central. It's easy to get carried away with ideas w/o really understanding the time it takes to research how to do all the mods/editting, and then still having time to play the game.

Creating one team (logos, unis, etc) and using HiHeat's custom unis should keep it unique and interesting enough for me, while allowing for time to actually play the game. I want to have fun, but not create a "second job" that will take time away from what's really important in life.

I am interested in the idea of moving teams arund for better regional divisions. Do you have a link or explanation for how to do that?

Here's a few of the logos I used, and might use for a logo on MVP05. They looked very good (modified) on HH2003.

[img_l]http://www.isi6.com/sportsperformance/images/OutlawsLogo-240.jpg[/img_l]

[img_l][/img_l]

[img_l]http://www.tbl2.com/imgs/condors.gif[/img_l]

Archived