System Recovery Question

aguilafan2k5

I have a fairly current HP Media Center PC, however recently it has become rather slow and I want to perform a system recovery. The computer has two drives. One drive is the C drive, which is the main drive and the other is the D drive where i keep all my music and videos. My question is will the system recovery wipe out the data on the D drive as well.

Whenever you do a System Restore - if you have the CD - then you'll be able to choose which one to wipe out - if you choose D, it's D that's gone, if you want C, C is gone - but which ever one is NOT chosen will retain all the info

the system restore doesn't delete files. all it does is restore all your settings. if anything, it may bring back files you already deleted. but heck, if you want to play it safe, you should have an external drive to back up your second drive anyhow. they're cheap as dirt these days.

but if you're looking to reformat, then that will for sure make things faster. at which case it's simple, don't format the second drive. your files shouldn't be harmed.

Archived