Home Run Derby Crashes

Toleton

Hi Folks, I posted this issue in EAMODS but still no answers yet, so I hope to be more lucky here. It is a remark on new MVP08. I edited my datafile.txt for customizing my own batting view, placed it in data folder as explained here and was OK, but them something weird:

In Game Modes you go to Home Run Derby option and is OK, but if you go to exhibition or practice mode first, exit and then go to the Home Run Derby the game crashes. I thought it was a mistake in my edited datafile, so I checked thoroughly but it was OK. So I also tried several datafiles from other modders, including the MVP07 and it does the same. It has something to do with the minigame.big?? any ideas for fixing this detail??

I believe it's the roster issue. The roster needs to have a certain pitcher on a certain team, and if he's not there, then the game crashes.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which player or team he is supposed to be on.

i don't get it, i thought you said you resolved it?

but either way, the player in the original game is shane reynolds. you just need someone in the roster with id #0f844e070. the search tool would've given you dozens of results for this. just saying.

however, if you're using 08 or kg's rosters, it should be fine as it is accounted for. if you made some edits to the roster, then you might've messed it up (again, see above). otherwise, i see no problems with the homerun derby.

Hi Homer, what I resolved were the modifications in my 7 BattingViews I wanted to make for customizing my datafile.txt, which I did succesfully according to Kraw's info in the Batting View 08 topic at EAMODS. While testing my modded datafile.txt I noticed this crashing issue that I remarked after in the same Batting View 08 topic with no answer there, so I posted it here as a new topic, which I hope it is not wrong.

I have always used KG Rosters all the time so I do not think the problem is in the Roster.dat, Shane Reynolds is there. I did more trials with the original MVP07, my MVP07 with several modifications (but never touch the datafile.txt) and the new released MVP08 original. Let me explain more clearly what I found:

1- Load the game and go to Game Modes, then go to Home Run Derby, it works OK, then return back to Game Modes.

2- Now go to Enhance Your Skills (former Minigames in 07) or to Exhibition and do your playing, then return back to Game Modes again.

3- And now go to Home Run Derby again: MVP07 original or modded with same datafile.txt works OK.....but original MVP08 crashes!!! also with any datafile.txt you place in the data folder.

This sequence is not usual, I discovered casually and could be not relevant at first glance. My first guess was that it was due to the change from the former 2 windows in the 07 HR Derby to only one window in the new 08 and so it was located in the MVP08 datafile.txt or the minigames.big or both (I remembered somebody released a HR Derby mod in MVPMODS similar to the current one in new MVP08, and gave such modded files).

Although I noticed in further trials that if you load the game, go to Game Modes, play and Exhibition Game, return back to Game Modes and then go to Exhibition Game again to play another game the new MVP08 also crashes, so the issue is more than relevant and I frankly can not figure out the cause. I will keep looking but if somebody more experienced than me in the game have any idea would be better.

Archived