MVP07 or MVP08?

Cavicchi

Do you prefer MVP 07 or MVP 08 or MVP2005?  

76 members have voted

1. 1.

• 3. MVP 2005 (original game).
    • 1. MVP 07
    • 2. MVP 08
    • 4. none of the above

Cavicchi,

Like they said at EAmods, the pitching meter is for more realism. If you do not care for the way it is you are able to change it. Check the 08 support thread at eamods, which will instruct you as to how to change the pitch meter. If I am not mistaken though 07's meter was not a whole lot greener than 08's. You just have to practice, it does add alot more realism than throwing a perfect game or striking out 8-12 batters a game with your 4-5 starters...But if that's how you want it, just change it. It's really that simple.

But it's not just the pitching meter, there are other issues--as I stated in this thread.

1. The "white noise" from the crowd is so loud and annoying I have to turn the crowd off, which kills some of the enjoyment hearing chants from the crowd.

2. The Player Info thing has many grammatical errors, kind of makes the game look childish.

3. I don't like the change in terminology, such as Starting 9, GM, Are you a quitter, etc.

4. The pitch meter in 07 was not this bad. The pitch meter was originally put in the game to have a green area--and that is the way it should stay, IMO.

I am comparing 08 to 07 as is--right out of the box.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. I don't understand why they leave things like that in. If it doesn't sound like the name, leave it out. In one of the classics mods they pronounced Jim Gentile as "Gen-TEE-lee." I delete them as I run across them.

Yes, that is what I did with Schumaker, but just the full name part ©, and that solved the problem.

Are you saying that someone edited the text in the scouting report for this guy?

In addition to my last reply to you, looks like they revised most if not all of the Player Info/Scouting Reports material.

Music in MVP 07 was better, but the updates for stadiums, portraits, and audio were awesome! Roster changes are always valuable, and it seems to me that the opponent hitting is waaaaaaaaay tougher in 08 than the opponent hitting in MVP 07. Overall, I liked MVP 08, though. :wtg:

You'd think you would read your own thread.

You just came in here looking for an argument because you don't like negative comments about MVP 08. The discussion here is what people think of MVP 07 & MVP 08, not the post to which you refer--which is off-topic.

Music in MVP 07 was better, but the updates for stadiums, portraits, and audio were awesome! Roster changes are always valuable, and it seems to me that the opponent hitting is waaaaaaaaay tougher in 08 than the opponent hitting in MVP 07. Overall, I liked MVP 08, though. :wtg:

I agree with you about the stadiums, but there are still missing portraits (black faces) and many starting players in lineups without audio--and there is audio with glitches not found in 07.

I also agree with you the music is better in 07.

Ok, who are you really?

MVP 07 and MVP 08 are two different beasts. One has up-to-date rosters with uniforms created using new techniques and a few new stadiums.

OK, so you like 08 better, no surprise there.

Who am I? Just another ballplayer. :wink:

Just out of pure curiousity, why are you still debating this thread then for 07? If you like 07 better that's fine, stick with 07. But why all the back-and-forth about the two games? I don't see what your trying to prove and/or accomplish. It appears to me that you are defending 07 and trying to disrespect the work of the modder of 08, who also happen to be the creators of 07. Why not post this on their site? Then you would have a debate, short of that, this seems like a dead thread. Of course this is just my opinion.

The thread was started for the reason so stated in my first post. I don't see why it bothers you that the discussion is still about the subject title. I do like to know what others think about both versions.

Why say I am disrespectful? Is everyone who likes 07 better being disrespectful? I do appreciate and respect all the work put into MVP 08--and I applaud those involved for giving us what we can't get anywhere else.

This approach seems very much like the way Timay acted. Overly critical of anything associated with MVP 08, even down to anyone that worked on it. It just seems like someone trying to stir up trouble where there isn't any.

I mean, MVP 07 may be a better mod than MVP 08. I don't really have an opinion on the matter. But the whole idea that this thread was started with the premise that MVP 07 has more downloads than MVP 08 and should get points for that is somewhat silly.

This approach seems very much like the way Timay acted. Overly critical of anything associated with MVP 08, even down to anyone that worked on it. It just seems like someone trying to stir up trouble where there isn't any.

I mean, MVP 07 may be a better mod than MVP 08. I don't really have an opinion on the matter. But the whole idea that this thread was started with the premise that MVP 07 has more downloads than MVP 08 and should get points for that is somewhat silly.

My point exactly. This is what I was trying to politely point out to this young man. But you know how that goes..

Since my name was brought up in here by, hmm 2 of eamods "finest" if you even want to call them that, and I wasn't even going to come in here and comment. just was gonna make some popcorn and watch the dumbasses come here and "fight it out".

Anyways, MVP 08' yes, is better than MVP 07', in terms of game play, and the pitching meter, which makes pitching alot more realistic. No longer do I throw a complete game shutout every other game. Other than that, 07' is better than 08' in just about every other aspect. I agree with Cavicchi, the new terminology, seems a bit unprofessional to me, no way would EA, 2K, etc word their menus like that, not really a fan of having the fact that EAMODS made this mod shoved down our throats, funny because last time I checked, Mvpmod's very own Pirate's stadiums were included in the game, but that's another whole issue in it self. Going back to a statement made by maddux31:

MVP08 is more advanced. A sort of next-gen feel to it.

How is it more advanced? Next-gen feel? What game are you playing?

Anyways, I hope you people are sitting, but I do like MVP 08' more than 07' because of gameplay, and thats all that really counts. A game doesn't exactly need to be pretty, but it NEEDS to be playable.

HCL, don't speak my name again, on here, kindly go back to bashing me at eamods.

Thanks.

HCL, don't speak my name again, on here, kindly go back to bashing me at eamods.

Thanks.

I got to back up timay on this one. He had nothing to do with the subject of this thread at all and there was no reason to bring his name into this to insult him.

Archived