Total Classics 1969 released

Jim825

Thanks Guys ................

It was just noticed that the 1969 version of the umpire uniform somehow missed the last cut but will be uploaded likely sometimes tomorrow.

Enjoy the Labor Day Weekend and some College Football !

Trying to hang in here this go around. I have a gut feel that Gustav will be enough to the West of New Orleans to make it's impact here fairly light. But then Hanna is right on his tail and that one might be another story.

Already opt'ed not to go to the LSU Game today but rather stay here and assist our employees that need help coping with Gustav. We are fortunate enough to have a few places around to offer shelter for them to get out of the New Orleans area.

Plus 10AM in Tiger Stadium ain't exactly like Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium either !

Already opt'ed not to go to the LSU Game today but rather stay here and assist our employees that need help coping with Gustav. We are fortunate enough to have a few places around to offer shelter for them to get out of the New Orleans area.

Plus 10AM in Tiger Stadium ain't exactly like Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium either !

if you don't mind me asking, what is your employment?

I work for IBM and about to retire after 40+ years in the Computer business but my wife and I also have several personal businesses:

Travel Agency; Couple Laundromats and a Restaurant --- All here in New Orleans although we have Travel Agents across the country in 40 something states ...............

You certainly are Welcomed as my Guest Anytime Homer !

You will have your choice of some Dynomite Nawlin's Soul Food; Cali-Mex cusine; along with good ole' Nawlin's Seafood !!!

Desert can be a cool refreshing New Orleans Sno-Ball as we have those right next door !

Heck we can even handle your Travel Plans and wash or Dry Clean your clothes if you happen to spill any of this great food on yourself !

done deal then. i'm looking you up if we go down there!
Ahhhh! Thank you so much. I have many memories from this year. I started playing little league in 1969 at age eleven and the team slugger. During the 1967 and 1968 baseball seasons, I was lucky enough to get sick and catch the mumps and measles, saw both World Series on television, good timing huh? For a few years afterwards I would sneak a transistor radio and earplug into the school classroom to hear the Series. The year 1969 I really got deeply interested in MLB Baseball. Great year where the Mets shocked the world.

I got a baseball board game that year for Christmas, APBA Baseball. This was a lot of fun, very primitive to what we have now. Two of my friends got baseball board games as well, Strat-O-Matic and Sports Illustrated Baseball. I may be biased but always felt APBA was the best. I did however have Vida Blue pitch a perfect game with SI Baseball.

You guys rock. Being a Brave fan for life, the 1991 season would be nice to see even if they lost, of course they finally won in 1995.

I have installed this like all the other classic seasons and it crashes while loading. Tom seaver pitching shows while loading then it crashes. Anybody else having problems with this?

Are you perhaps loading TC69 on a laptop? Reason I ask is that following the Tom Seaver is a Movie segment and in the past laptop have occassionally experienced issues with movies segments.

No directly to my desktop. I haven't changed anything from what I have done with all the other classic seasons. This one just crashes as it is loading. Has anyone else had issues. I haven't seen any posts one way or the other.

Since I am in the process of evacuating New Orleans due to Gustav and will be leaving shortly for points North I can't help a whole lot.

But if I were you I would try replacing the Movies directory with a complete set of files from one of your installs that you know have no problems with those movie files.

Other than that I would create a Clean untouched copy of MVP Baseball 2005 (preferrably with at least Patch 2 installed) then redownload and install TC69 once again.

Good Luck as I know you have been waiting for this particular season,

Don

Thanks Don-did a clean install of MVP and it works fine-more than fine. I love this. Thanks for all your hard work. What a way to spend the labor day weekend having to leave your home. Hope the best for you, take care-be safe.

Since I am in the process of evacuating New Orleans due to Gustav and will be leaving shortly for points North I can't help a whole lot.

Don,

Hope you had a safe trip out of the city. Looks like it's within hours of making landfall.

I mentioned APBA Baseball and lo and behold, there is an APBA screen in the 1969 Mod. I had the 64,69,70,71 APBA seasons but gave the game away years ago. I wish I had kept it along with my vintage Topps baseball cards from all of those years except 64. You all deserve a heap of praise.

Suns,

Glad to hear you noticed APBA!

TC69 was based on a theme of "When it was a Game" and throughout it you should notice many images of Old Time card; dice; table top board; and old early-modern computer based baseball games. Sort of a trip down memory lane for many of us.

Take Care,

Don

Suns,

Glad to hear you noticed APBA!

TC69 was based on a theme of "When it was a Game" and throughout it you should notice many images of Old Time card; dice; table top board; and old early-modern computer based baseball games. Sort of a trip down memory lane for many of us.

Take Care,

Don

You doing ok down there Don?

tebjr, Sean O and All,

Yes, we are very comfortably following things very closely down in New Orleans as well as across South Louisiana safely from Hattiesburg, MS.

I do so very much appreciate each of your's thoughts.

If only I had my desktop computer system to really relax and mess with some of these Total Classics seasons then I would not be missing anything.

Take Care & Thanks,

Don

Archived