The Most Exciting game of MVP I've ever played in.

MrDudleyDoWright

So, in the online league that i'm in, I play as the Mets, and I once had the Division lead for the most part of the season. So, one day a new guy comes in to take the Marlins, and soon enough, i see myself 3 games back behind the Marlins in the NL East. Then, the Marlins owner was booted, and a new guy came in, and quickly, he started to lose, and i gained ground.

So after Sweeping the Yankees for the last week of the season, and the Marlins losing 2 out of 3, to the Phillies, Me and him were tied for first place.

The game was a bit laggy, but i kept going. Pelfrey vs Mitre. Jermaine Dye comes up in the second and hits a bomb to Left field, 1-0 Marlins. I got real upset, and slammed my comb on the wall, near my bed. So, 3 innings go by with us going at each others necks, striking out in big spots, popping up, etc etc. So Jose Reyes comes up with 2 outs, and i closed my eyes and swing at the next pitch and it flew into the right field stands. 1-1 Tie Game.

It didnt take long for me to score again, as David Wright hit a towering shot to give me the lead, then scoring on a sac fly in the 9th.

So, i bring in Wagner to close, i struck out Jacobs and gave up a hit to Milton Bradley. Now, Dye is up, an inside FB that was caught at the wall by Nady saves my *** and threw the guy out at first for not tagging, and ladies and gents, i won myself the NL East Crown for SMMVP. It was real intense for me, because i knew that, if i lost, I'm done.

Here's the boxscore.

http://www.smashmouthmvp.net/boxscores/index.php?game_id=720

Archived