What would be your closer entrance song?

JP_Frost

If you were a major league closer, which song would you choose as your entrance song?

Here are some I'd use:

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Jimmy Mack (because of my first name)

let's see/hear some suggestions

There's actually a thread for this somewhere cause I remember choosing the final countdown.

I did a search and couldn't find anything, except some stuff about batter's song and music in mvp.

Disregard this thread if there's another one already though.

Nevermind, mine was a vote on of the songs I chose, and asked what would be better suited. Instead people were just saying they were bad choices and the thread died.

lol, that sounds like a sad story

Yeah ... I remember a thread like this that went for quite a few pages. People were arguing about Enter the Sandman and which closer should be the only closer to use it. That was funny.

Link: What Would Your Batter Walk-Up Music Be? by MarlinsMS_35 ... it started out asking for batter music but people quickly started putting in closer music as well.

I remember posting several music videos for some of the songs I chose. I'm just surprised nobody picked "Puff the magic dragon" by Peter, Paul and Mary. Hah.

Note: These threads are always good. Everyone dreams of closing the big game or coming up with bases loaded down by 3 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th ... but with my luck, I'd either strike out or give up the big hit to lose the game.

Yeah ... I remember a thread like this that went for quite a few pages. People were arguing about Enter the Sandman and which closer should be the only closer to use it. That was funny.

Link: What Would Your Batter Walk-Up Music Be? by MarlinsMS_35 ... it started out asking for batter music but people quickly started putting in closer music as well.

I remember posting several music videos for some of the songs I chose. I'm just surprised nobody picked "Puff the magic dragon" by Peter, Paul and Mary. Hah.

Note: These threads are always good. Everyone dreams of closing the big game or coming up with bases loaded down by 3 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th ... but with my luck, I'd either strike out or give up the big hit to lose the game.

yeah, you're right ... I even replied in that thread (though I like my current picks better).

It must be a great feeling though, coming from that bullpen with your song playing, the crowd going nuts. It adds alot to the myth some of these closers have created, and I can imagine it being sort of eerie for the opposition to hear that song play knowing you'll probably lose.

btw ... did anyone see Jason Motte of the Cards the other night making his debut vs the Dbacks? Mark Grace said it best ... he was breathing fire ... and he was throwing it too (97-99 MPH). He has the typical looks of a closer.

Has any Closer (or Relief Pitcher) ever had "Wild Thing" playing as they came into the game?

I would think it be cool. One of the pitchers I remember seeing that deserve this song is Mitch Williams. BTW, I just looked him up and his nickname was indeed "Wild Thing" ... lol.

Has any Closer (or Relief Pitcher) ever had "Wild Thing" playing as they came into the game?

I would think it be cool. One of the pitchers I remember seeing that deserve this song is Mitch Williams. BTW, I just looked him up and his nickname was indeed "Wild Thing" ... lol.

Yeah, I believe Papelbon has used it, and it's been played for Borowski a couple of times.

Duaner Sanchez uses or used Wild Thing. I haven't seen him pitch this year live so I cant tell you.

I'd probably come out to Medicine Man by Aerosmith.

Metropolis pt. 1 (the miracle and the sleeper) by Dream Theatre

If you havnt heard it, its the end all right now, so go check it out. It will raise the neck hair on all of you. The first minute or 2 is killer.

gene autrey-here comes santa claus

sad part is I know your being serious Homer :lol:

Thunderstruck by AC/DC would be pretty intense in the Top of 9, Game 7 of the World Series.

Actually, a lot of AC/DC songs would work. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You).

OK, now I'm just listing off songs played regularly at Patriots games. (Thunderstruck before kickoffs after TD's (w/ minutemen firing off at "You've Been....THUNDERSTRUCK!"); (heard a lot last year :p) and FTATR (WSY) before the opening kickoff w/ the minutemen firing off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvTONKgNS7M

I was at this game (the Brady game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYu-SypY71E

^^Thunderstruck

Archived