Average for Awesome

Cavicchi

I am totally amazed the CPU took Matt Torra rated Average on Arizona for Awesome rated Evan Longoria on Tampa Bay. I am Arizona in this Dynasty and saw Longoria on the Trading Block and gave it a shot offering Torra, SP in AAA for Arizona.

Has anyone else been able to make a similar trade, Average for Awesome?

Are you sure fair trades are on? If so, yeah its happened to me a few times. The CPU can be stupid at times. It depends largely on the player's salary btw. And oh yeah if you're using kg's roster longoria is actually rated VERY low... I do fantasy drafts all the time he is really really really low rated, and is takes him a few years 4-5 to reach his full potential. In this one dynasty i had i drafted him like 20th or something... by 2010 he had 100 power 100 contact for BOTH rhp and lhp. treat that kid well and he'll be a star in a few years =P

Are you sure fair trades are on? If so, yeah its happened to me a few times. The CPU can be stupid at times. It depends largely on the player's salary btw. And oh yeah if you're using kg's roster longoria is actually rated VERY low... I do fantasy drafts all the time he is really really really low rated, and is takes him a few years 4-5 to reach his full potential. In this one dynasty i had i drafted him like 20th or something... by 2010 he had 100 power 100 contact for BOTH rhp and lhp. treat that kid well and he'll be a star in a few years =P

I am using KG's updated 6.2 roster and Longoria is rated low for batting average. Still, I am surprised the CPU traded him for Torra. I never before was able to get an Awesome rated player for someone rated Average.

Can you explain what you mean by "treating him well"? I presently have him in AAA with plans to bring him up next season--I am now in year 2008. I hesitate to bring him up now because of his low batting average ratings.

Forgot to add that Fair Trades is ON.

Well what I meant by the ratings is like, the red bar that shows how good he is compared to other players. For example, if you were to do a fantasy draft, well the best players are first and then players rated lower and lower and so on. This is shown by that red bar thing. Anyway Evan is like far down the list... No one drafts him until the 20th round or around that.

Also, who is your starting third baseman on your MLB team? (as well as any backups)

Well what I meant by the ratings is like, the red bar that shows how good he is compared to other players. For example, if you were to do a fantasy draft, well the best players are first and then players rated lower and lower and so on. This is shown by that red bar thing. Anyway Evan is like far down the list... No one drafts him until the 20th round or around that.

Also, who is your starting third baseman on your MLB team? (as well as any backups)

Well, the red bar is so low because his batting and fielding ratings are so poor.

I am the Diamondbacks with Mark Reynolds as my regular 3B and Chad Tracy doing backup for both 1B and 3B, sometimes I start him at 3B against righties.. Chris Burke is another backup main position being 2b but he is Utility. My other backups are David Eckstein and Eric Byrnes. Montero and Snyder play C (Montero against righties and Snyder against lefties).

What did you mean about treating Longoria well?

Maybe he meant that he should be kept happy. Not sure what besides the contract that would keep a player happy .... perhaps playing time but it probably is assumed that he's the starting 3B in your AAA team.

Maybe he meant that he should be kept happy. Not sure what besides the contract that would keep a player happy .... perhaps playing time but it probably is assumed that he's the starting 3B in your AAA team.

He is the starting 3B on my AAA team, but he is not happy. :( I do want him to be happy. :)

Considering how Longoria is doing in real baseball, I think his batting ratings are underrated in the roster. As for his contract, he's got a 6-year $17,400.000 dollar contract given in the roster, which is not bad for a guy in AAA. :wink:

I see Jeff Niemann (rated Lots) on the trading block and he's another future star according to the roster.

I love how you continue to whine about the roster you're using.

The roster I'm using is the only roster I can use right now, at least the only roster that is current. I have made quite a few "adjustments" to the roster.

I thought his complaints were somewhat legitimate, as the roster certainly isn't perfect.

I don't post as much because I'm not sure when criticism will be appreciated or attacked. I thought most of the people who do the work around here liked feedback, but some of them seem to really not take so kindly to it.

Obviously I don't know as much as the regulars, but is there something I'm missing here?

Then why don't you make one more to Longoria, instead of **** about it in the forums.

Wow! All I said about Longoria was I think he's underrated in the roster based on what he's doing in real baseball. I made "adjustments" to some others based on them being over-rated. I don't increase a player's ratings, kind of makes me feel like cheating. :)

Archived