How to make MVP fun again.

MrDudleyDoWright

I've always loved playing MVP Baseball, But then when online play really gets to you, single player seems to easy, thus taking the fun out of doing the dynasty's. So, how can i make this game fun for me to play again? Any tips? any sliders i can use besides Rudi's and Hoop27's?

Use mods you like? Turn sliders all the way against you...after all, I doubt you are good enough to play on MVP w/ Hardest Sliders.

I've got good sliders now, and in my owner mode, I think I'm 17-17. I don't know how to make the game as realistic as possible. The goal shouldn't be to go 81-81, it should be to go the same record as you'd get if you simmed all the games. And obviously, we don't know how to get it completely accurate.

Maybe you should just take a break from it if it gets boring. That's what i do with pretty much every game i play...

Yeah thats what Im doing now. It just stopped being fun after the incident that happened with me in dynasties. I kinda brought it upon myself, but even so, it stopped being fun. Not only that, baseball is over for me, so its a seasonal thing as well. Id say give it a break for a month or so, then pick it up again around January.

Maybe you should just take a break from it if it gets boring. That's what i do with pretty much every game i play...

Thats the thing, I am taking a break from it, I'm trying to get back to playing, thats why i'm asking the question.

I'm using the 08 mod, and i just want to play a game where i can get realistic results. Thats all, i really want to play a dynasty again, it's just when i play, i always win.

Thats the thing, I am taking a break from it, I'm trying to get back to playing, thats why i'm asking the question.

I'm using the 08 mod, and i just want to play a game where i can get realistic results. Thats all, i really want to play a dynasty again, it's just when i play, i always win.

Like I said, you can't get it realistic to the point that you win the same amount of games than you would have if you had simmed it. I just try to make it as challenging as possible, and at 19-17, I think I've done a good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Another option you can do is if you're a stud on MVP level even with the sliders favoring the cpu, then take the editor and dumb down the team that you're controlling in regard to contact, pitching, etc.

start a fantasy draft, draft the WORST people you can for every position.

start a minor league season.

download one of the classic conversion mods and start a season

I'm starting a dynasty with the Seattle Mariners. However with all due respect to the M's fans out there, inspired by a friend of mine who did this with Madden, I wiped out the team roster and replaced it buddies of mine. I found this quite fun..letting one of them know that they tore an ACL and they were out for the season..I know it's stupid but hey..what else can I do?

Archived