Datafile Where Not Every Hit is Sweet Spot?

RdSoxFan618

Seems like every hit by them or me is completely sweet spot. They are all line drives or extremely hard hit. No bouncers or anything like that.

Does anybody have a datafile for less hard hits that they could upload?

MD's

Plus, I modified his to slow the cpu pitchers down between pitches and took out the foul ball PIP.

Also, reduce the hitter's contact by about 15 or so and then adjust your sliders.

MD's

Plus, I modified his to slow the cpu pitchers down between pitches and took out the foul ball PIP.

Also, reduce the hitter's contact by about 15 or so and then adjust your sliders.

Actually strangely enough, I used Trues' and I am not hitting nearly as many hot shots. My lines have been much more realistic.

6//11//1

4//8//0

Have you been using the 08 datafile before? Because I took a look into that one and saw that some batting values are way too high.

Here are the values for inside power (40), sweetspot power (41) and outside power (42):

40 2.6 (default: 0.1)

41 2.8 (default: 1.0)

42 2.1 (default: 0.6)

So if you were using these datafile values, you would indeed get a lot of hard hits.

Have you been using the 08 datafile before? Because I took a look into that one and saw that some batting values are way too high.

Here are the values for inside power (40), sweetspot power (41) and outside power (42):

40 2.6 (default: 0.1)

41 2.8 (default: 1.0)

42 2.1 (default: 0.6)

So if you were using these datafile values, you would indeed get a lot of hard hits.

07, but yes.

Do Datafiles include sliders or do you have to adjust those yourself? Is there any sliders I should be using, or can they be the one's I'm setting?

Datafiles don't include sliders, although they can also modify certain aspects of the game (like pitching or batting). If you search the forums, you'll find many different sets of sliders. The secret is finding a set that works for you. It's all about tweaking.

Where I can change the Pitch Meter Difficulty inside the datafile.txt

You need to modify the value "Accuracywidth" in your datafile. Here are detailed instructions by spitoon:

Download the MVP Compression Utility. Unzip it wherever you want.

Run the utility, and direct it to your existing datafile. It should be in C:/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005/data

Use the MVP Compression Utility to uncompress the datafile.txt.

Open the resulting datafileEdit.txt in wordpad (don't use notepad).

Search for "accuracywidth"

You will find '34 accuracywidth'

In the line following '34 accuracywidth', find the number at 34. It's probably 0.06. Change it to 0.120 (stock setting). If you find it too easy at that setting, I'd suggest trying something between 0.06 and 0.120, maybe 0.100.

Save the file

Recompress it using the MVP Compression Utility.

Archived