Nationals Park Released

Pirate

Nationals Park

by Pirate

With incredible assistance from Rolie, Bhutsell and CC720

Updates:

New stadium created using a base from MVP Basebal 2005, the majority of the textures and all modeling created by Pirate

Camera edited by Rolie

Collision data edited by Bhutsell

Some textures created by CC720

Contained in this file are five files:

rfksday.big - actual day stadium file

rfksnite.big - actual day stadium file

rfksday.txt - stadium specific datafile

rfksnite.txt - stadium specific datafile

stadiums.big - all stadium select files updated, including Nationals Park

Installation:

Make sure you backup the files you are about to overwrite. When placing the new files in their correct directories make sure you overwrite the old ones.

Extract the contents of this .rar file.

Open the extracted folder.

For the stadium files:

Place both stadium files, rfksday.big and rfksnite.big, in the stadium folder: EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datastadium

For the datafiles:

Place both stadium specific datafiles in the data folder: EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005data

For the stadium select screens:

Place the stadiums.big file in the frontend folder: EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontend

Issues:

[ol]

[li]There are some graphical problems with the scoreboard. I couldn't figure out why, but two supports will not show up in the game. they are located behind the "W" clock.

[/li]

[li]The dimensions are not correct. Would you have known? Probably not, but the dimensions aren't perfect."[/li]

[li]The shadows aren't perfect, but neither am I.[/li]

[li]There are not light flares of the light standards. i tried and failed. I wanted to get this out. So there are no light flares.[/li]

[/ol]

I wanted to release this now, or it may have never come out. I am once again moving, this time to our house. There is a lot of work to do there and I won't be available to mod as much for a little while. I will foloow this thread to see if there are any major issues.

Enjoy!

day.jpg

night.jpg

um, quick question, are you sure the datafile things go into the data folder. or are they supposed to go somewhere else?

You can either import it into your datafile.big or just place it in your data folder. The game will use the file that you place in your data folder and if there is none there, then it uses the one inside the datafile.big.

And thank you very much to everyone who had a part in this.

looks great so far, but the game crash almoust when the first batter came out to the plate. I dont know if the problem is the datafile, i put it in the data folder....the funny thing is the game only crash when i play with the nationals, i play an exhibition game (Boston-San Luis) and nothing hapens.....can someone explain me please?, cause the stadium look really really really great.....

I can see it now:

Sunday, May 21st (I think it's the 21st in my owner mode)'s game between the Florida Marlins and Tampa Bay Rays has been moved to Nationals Park because of a collapse in seating on the 1st base side. During the Rays road trip, the stands at Orange Juice Park will be replaced and the next home game will be played as scheduled. Why the MLB decided to move the game so far away and not to Dolphin Stadium? Nobody knows.

Our statistics show that 20,000 tickets have been bought by Rays Nation. 20,000 by citizens of Washington DC...and every single member of Marlins Nation has elected to make the hike up to Washington...yes, all 2,000 of them.

;)

looks great so far, but the game crash almoust when the first batter came out to the plate. I dont know if the problem is the datafile, i put it in the data folder....the funny thing is the game only crash when i play with the nationals, i play an exhibition game (Boston-San Luis) and nothing hapens.....can someone explain me please?, cause the stadium look really really really great.....

The datafile is sorta optional. You can test it without the datafile to see if it stills crashes. You mention it only happening with the nationals team, this could be caused by something else like a cyberface or maybe a uniform.

If you can get a pic just before it crashes, it may help solve your issue.

It's not the stadium. If you can play there with other teams then it is not the stadium. Take the Nationals elsewhere and it will crash.

Archived