Nationals Park Released

Pirate

Hello

I would like to download a freshest, most stable roster MVP2005

What do you recommend?

(Sorry, if bad cute ointments, an on-line translator I wrote this with a program.)

basebalu from Hungary

Hello

I would like to download a freshest, most stable roster MVP2005

What do you recommend?

(Sorry, if bad cute ointments, an on-line translator I wrote this with a program.)

basebalu from Hungary

Why did you post this here? KG 6.3.

A semi off-topic question. I've run into this before, but hadn't seen it in a while until using these parks...

I'm using Trues' MLB overlay (http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4369.html), and when I load a game in the night version of the park, the game crashes. I know it's the combo of the overlay and the park, so I can change overlays, but I'm just curious....I know it's been said it's a memory issue, did anyone ever find a workaround to this? I know it's not my cpu's specs...I'm running an AMDx2 5000+ at 3.21 GHz, 2 GB of ram, and an 8600GTS for my vid card. My cpu could easily handle pretty much any game, so why does this happen?

I imagine my only option is to either wait for a "lite" version of the park, or change overlays...just sucks because that is by far my favorite overlay out there.

I certainly am not making a "lite" version.

No, and I don't (and didn't) expect you to. I was just saying the only 2 things I know of to fix that issue are changing the overlay or using a "lite" version of the park. And I sure as hell wouldn't want to use a lite version, this is too good. I was just curious if anyone had ever figured a fix to the issue, or if it's just totally hit and miss and you just have to change overlays.

It sucks to have good cpu specs but not be able to use the best parks (which this certainly is) AND the best overlays. One of the few negatives of the game.

The datafile is sorta optional. You can test it without the datafile to see if it stills crashes. You mention it only happening with the nationals team, this could be caused by something else like a cyberface or maybe a uniform.

If you can get a pic just before it crashes, it may help solve your issue.

Thanks Rolie, the problem was Emilio Bonifacio Cyberface.....so let´s Play Ball jeje

It's not the stadium. If you can play there with other teams then it is not the stadium. Take the Nationals elsewhere and it will crash.

you got that right, it´s not the stadium, was a cyberface.....

Problem.

The collision data must be wrong (could be everywhere, but I *know* over the RF wall) - because I hit what should've been a homerun that bounced off an invisible wall over the visible wall that ended up a double.

See pic. The ball is shown right where it hits the "invisible wall."

This is the night version, BTW.

Problem.

The collision data must be wrong (could be everywhere, but I *know* over the RF wall) - because I hit what should've been a homerun that bounced off an invisible wall over the visible wall that ended up a double.

RQ,

Can you compare the size of each wall.dat file in the night vs. day versions? Just want to make sure that the correct wall.dat is in each.

I'm just playing a dynasty so it was by chance that this happened to me. I haven't noticed any other problems in the day or night version yet.

...but - does this (different wall.dat's) mean that if I had hit that same line-drive in the day stadium it likely would've been a homer?

yeah, they should be the same. Pirate must have forgot to put bhutsell's wall.dat into the night one.

Is this something that a simpleton like myself can rectify, or should I just wait for an update?

Is this something that a simpleton like myself can rectify, or should I just wait for an update?

I would just wait. Bhutsell is the only one that know which one is the right wall.dat.

It would have to be the larger one, most of the wall modifications were made with existing triangles, but I had to triangulate the tarp, so that would be where the additional triangles came from.

Exporting the wall.dat from the day version, then importing it into the night version, should take care of it. I still use BigGui for that (then rebuild several times), but I think most others around here use a newer, more stable program - not sure what that is.

Don't know if Pirate will re-upload the night version or not.

Problem.

Thats a good point samething happend to me..

Archived