MVP08 Begin Offseason

Toleton

Hi Folks: I have finished a franchise and beginning offseason, so I did all the process of signing and trading manually without using the automatic option. Then when I have completed my teams and go to spring games the CPU still resign and do automatic stuffs, so every thing I have done manually for my teams before is changed even with illogical things in the rosters. How can I do this process really manual without CPU intervention. Is that I have to put NO in "Computer Initiate Trades" at the Options or there is any detail I am missing?? Any help will be welcomed....

BTW, Merry Christmas to everybody!!!!

Hi Folks: I have finished a franchise and beginning offseason, so I did all the process of signing and trading manually without using the automatic option. Then when I have completed my teams and go to spring games the CPU still resign and do automatic stuffs, so every thing I have done manually for my teams before is changed even with illogical things in the rosters. How can I do this process really manual without CPU intervention. Is that I have to put NO in "Computer Initiate Trades" at the Options or there is any detail I am missing?? Any help will be welcomed....

BTW, Merry Christmas to everybody!!!!

This is a very irritating aspect of MVP. There's really no way to stop it.

However - it didn't undo what you did - it just re-arranged your rosters.

What you need to do after you make your signings/trades/etc of the offseason, is just let it all be.

Before hitting the "go to spring training" button: Don't bother setting up your rotation, lineup, batting order, etc. You might want to do the callups/send-downs before hitting the button, since the CPU usually doesn't send players from the MLB level too far down, etc etc... but...

...after you "start spring training" - NOW is the time to find the players you signed/wanted-to-call-up/etc, and put them on the MLB roster. Now is the time to set up your rotation. Now is the time to set your lineup and batting order.

Doing it after spring training starts means you will only have to do it once.

MVP automatically "optimizes" your roster for spring training (there is no way to stop it from doing this) - meaning it calls up a majority of young/un-polished players that seem to need more work in training, and usually benches or demotes the veterans (starters) to AAA.

Thanks a lot for your advice RaptorQuiz, is a pity it can not be stopped as I wanted to do the whole offseason process by my own, but thanks again and merry christmas for you

Archived