Total Classics Walk Through History Released

Jim825

Total Classics Walk Through History, the latest in the Total Classics family of mods has been released.

This mod brings together some of the greatest teams from the early 1900's through the early 1950's for dynasty play or exhibition play.

For dynasty play, the 1951 schedule is included.

The following teams selected from Total Classics Phase 9 are included in the mod:

1908 Chicago Cubs

1909 Pittsburgh Pirates

1918 Boston Red Sox

1919 Chicago White Sox

1924 Washington Senators

1927 New York Yankees

1929 Philadelphia Athletics

1933 New York Giants <--- New Team!

1934 St. Louis Cardinals

1935 Detroit Tigers

1940 Cincinnati Reds

1942 St. Louis Browns

1948 Cleveland Indians

1949 Brooklyn Dodgers

1950 Philadelphia Phillies

1951 Boston Braves

A special feature of the mod is the historical loading screens that depict some of the major events (both inside and outside the world of sport)

that took place during the 1st half of the 20th century.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the problem is that you were standing upside down. To get it to install properly, you have to stand on one foot and lean a little to the left...... :p

Seriously, however, I'll look into it, because I'm not sure what would cause the problem. The overlay is essentially the same one used for TC56 and TC51. The only thing I changed is the baseball graphic in the overlay so that it simply says "Total Classics". Have you installed TC51 or TC56 previously and if so, did you have any problems with the overlay in those mods?

Also, I know that this is a silly question since you are far from being a rookie when it comes to mods, but did you install it over a clean install of MVP?

I just tried reinstalling TC Walk Through History manually over a copy of a "clean" MVP install with Patch #2 installed. Everything seems to work fine for me. Here are some screenshots, using the same teams that you had in your screenshot:

I just noticed that your screen resolution is 1280 x 1024 while mine is 1024 x 768 (at least that's the size of your screenshot). I don't know if that could have anything to do with the problem you are seeing.

I hate to sound stupid even though I know I am about to...

What is the difference between this and Total Classics Phase 9?

Also are there any mods that give all the players the old timey gloves?

I hate to sound stupid even though I know I am about to...

What is the difference between this and Total Classics Phase 9?

Tota Classics 9 (TC9) is a mod that has 120 teams from 1906 thru 2006. It can

only be played in an exhibition mode. Any team can play against any other team.

There is the TY Wiggind playoff creator in case someone wishes to have a best of

seven series as well.

TC Walk Through History is a mod that has 16 teams. All from 1906 thru 1951.

It can be played as any team vs. any team in an exhibition game like TC9.

But, it can also be played in Dynasty mode where you can have a season with any team

or even jump around if you use another utility (I believe Ty or Kraw created the utility).

It is just like playing the game with a team that you manage thru the whole year.

See where you finish in the standings, check out the player stats, etc.

Hope this helps a bit

Total Classics 1951, 1956 and Walk Through History assign the old time gloves to all players. Most of the pre-1960's teams in Total Classics 9 also use the old time gloves.

Tota Classics 9 (TC9) is a mod that has 120 teams from 1906 thru 2006. It can

only be played in an exhibition mode. Any team can play against any other team.

There is the TY Wiggind playoff creator in case someone wishes to have a best of

seven series as well.

TC Walk Through History is a mod that has 16 teams. All from 1906 thru 1951.

It can be played as any team vs. any team in an exhibition game like TC9.

But, it can also be played in Dynasty mode where you can have a season with any team

or even jump around if you use another utility (I believe Ty or Kraw created the utility).

It is just like playing the game with a team that you manage thru the whole year.

See where you finish in the standings, check out the player stats, etc.

Hope this helps a bit

Thanks so much. Things are crystal now. I just got done setting up my double installation last night MVP08 and TC9 and just wanted to make sure it was worth re-installing. If there are only 16 teams what are the other teams? or is it just a 16 team dynasty and the remaining teams just got taken out?

Total Classics 1951, 1956 and Walk Through History assign the old time gloves to all players. Most of the pre-1960's teams in Total Classics 9 also use the old time gloves.

great thank you.

Thanks so much. Things are crystal now. I just got done setting up my double installation last night MVP08 and TC9 and just wanted to make sure it was worth re-installing. If there are only 16 teams what are the other teams? or is it just a 16 team dynasty and the remaining teams just got taken out?

The 16 teams in TC51 and TC Walk Through History are the original 16 teams that were in existence before the Braves moved from Boston to Milwaukee. The 16 teams in TC56 are those that were in existence in 1956.

The 14 "other" teams are just the teams from 2005 (when MVP05 came out). You will be able to see and use them in exhibition mode, however, if you play a dynasty, these teams will not appear because they were removed from the season schedule.

Something similar was done for TC78, when only the 26 teams in existence in 1978 appear in dynasty mode.

Yes, that's correct. If you want to make a donation, please donate to MVPMods. Send Trues a PM asking him how to do this. I'm not sure how to do it now that the site format has changed.

Did you read the Installation Instructions document included with the mod? It has detailed steps (with pictures!) on how to install the mod with the installer or manually.

Did you read the Installation Instructions document included with the mod? It has detailed steps (with pictures!) on how to install the mod with the installer or manually.

Hey Jim, do you remember Bill Cosby's "Picture Pages" back in the day? :lol:

Now class, this is how you install this TC mod

35418747_918b0d95f8.jpg?v=0

You don't know how hard I'm laughing right now... :lol:

It's like I tossed an alley-oop up to ya...

That pic should be included in every mod's README file.

Hey Jim, do you remember Bill Cosby's "Picture Pages" back in the day? :lol:

I had never heard of them before. I just googled them and found that they appeared nationally in 1978 on Captain Kangaroo. By that time, I was a senior in high school.

Yea, it won't let me open it. Something about file being corrupt. That was the first thing I tried to reference when I had the problem.

Archived