A Roster With Nothing But Created Players?

GEOLINK

I can't imagine why you can't do this. Might take a lot of work though.

something different. That's all.

Can't a empty MVPEdit rosters make the game generate created players?

Can't a empty MVPEdit rosters make the game generate created players?

I don't know Geolink. What I would do is back up my current rosters in your game and then go into MvpEdit and try it. Then export that roster in your game to see if this works.

The easy way would be to simulate 30-35 seasons and use the .dat importer/exporter to get the roster. Then use that as your default set (extract it to you data folder).

You may have to fool around with the age, but that's not hard at all. Just use mvpedit to globally edit the age.

Sorry Geo, I didn't get around to trying, ended up having a bad weekend. After thinking about it though, I believe I erased a .dat file in the database folder that cleared the roster and made the game make up a bunch of custom people.

Edit: Be sure to back up the .dat file you erase if you try doing it this way.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The most effective way to do this I have found was to sim ahead several seasons.(it does take some time and you do have to pay some attention to the offseason so the PC will continue to extend your contract) I simmed ahead 20 seasons and was able to get a adequate roster of created players. Using Tywiggins importer/exporter I was able to extract the roster and edit it in MVP Edit. You will need to global edit and few things such as:

Stanimna- Most pitchers get into the high 80 and low 90's

Speed- A lot players and progressed into the high 90's

Fastball velocity- Too many are tossing BB's at 100 plus MPH.

I have since found a handful of players that did not retire such a Zach Duke, who would have thunk it, but I have simply just given them fictional names.

One thing that I like is to start a franchise like I am starting an new league with no career or historical stats. The easiest way to do this was to delete the career.dat and careerp.dat from the database folder before running MVP because I did have some issues erasing career stats from position players using MVP Edit. I also took a hist.dat from the TC51 mod and overwrote the hist.dat in the database folder. Doing both of these steps zeroed out all player stats for my franchise and at this point I am 10 games into my franchise and all seems to be working.

In a different attempt I also tried to delete the roster file, which at first seems to workat first, because all you need to do is optimize the line ups in MVP and MVP creates players for you, however, it stops creating players after about 15 teams are done and just kind of freezes up. The players in the method are also A or AA type rated players, so it still would have taken some extensive editing to accomplish.

Archived