Question About Transferring My Season Mods

Ok, this is what I need to know before I attempt to do anything, so I thought I would ask our fine group of experts in here what they think and if it is possible for me to do this. Here goes:

I am getting a new computer soon and I am going to have to be re-installing some things soon. Among those things will be my season mods of Mvp baseball. I have a few season mods already installed on my current system and what I would like to do is burn the season mods on DVD's and then transfer them to the new computer just so I don't have to re-install every mod from scratch.

This is how I am planning on doing this. When I get the new computer set up, I will begin by installing a copy of Mvp 2005 first from scratch and then installing a season mod. After I get everything set up and running, I am hoping I can access these DVD's and transfer the other season mods onto this new system just because I believe this will save me a lot of time.

Does this make sense to any of you and do you think I can do this without causing some big problems for myself?

Thank you.

i've never had a problem doing it this way. i've used an external hard drive instead of a dvd, but it makes no difference. just don't forget to transfer your sav files.

i've never had a problem doing it this way. i've used an external hard drive instead of a dvd, but it makes no difference. just don't forget to transfer your sav files.

And those .sav files would be in My Documents?

Yes. Ex:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\EAmods' MVP 08

I have two of them in there.

and

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\MVP Baseball 2005

Oh, and one thing I forgot to tell you Homer is that you yourself are one of the reasons why I am getting a new system. I am going to insure that I have enough disc space for the MVP Legends mod that you are working on because that sounds like a fun mod.

sweet! how big of an upgrade are you getting?

but glad you're following that mod. it's been a long time coming. after spending the last year developing cyberfaces and layout for it, i've been making big strides building the roster. hopefully it doesn't take me three more years!

I have two of them in there.

and

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\MVP Baseball 2005

that's right, kraw made 08 make it's own save folder so you can have a separate sav for that season. i think there's a limit on how many saves you can have.

sweet! how big of an upgrade are you getting?

but glad you're following that mod. it's been a long time coming. after spending the last year developing cyberfaces and layout for it, i've been making big strides building the roster. hopefully it doesn't take me three more years!

I got the specs somewhere, but it is going to be more than enough for me to have all the mods installed at once.

As for your mod, you just take your time on it because we know it's going to be great. I mean, look at Hory. Didn't it take him about 18 months for him to be satisfied with the '94 mod? And we both know that the '94 mod was a fantastic piece of work.

Archived