Problem Running Some Season Mods

Yankee4Life

I have no idea at all why this suddenly decided to happen, but it did. I have been trying to play a game in each of the season mods and today for some reason I can not get the 1994 and 1951 seasons to start. They crash right at the startup. I have no idea why. Also, the 1988 mod.

I have done nothing to these mods except install them once I got this computer. The only thing that changed was when I updated the three seasons that were just re-released (1951, 1956 and 1978) and that should not cause it.

Mvp 1994 I can not figure out. I updated nothing in that and I still can't play it. This is literally driving me nuts.

I have Vista.

Anyone familiar with this Vista problem for the game, please let me know. Also, why would this start up just like that? For a week or so nothing went wrong.

Son of a .....

Running as an administrator?

Maybe firewall issues? I have BitDefender and I know that when I install a conversion mod for the first time, I have to provide permission for MVP to run.

Running as an administrator?

Maybe firewall issues? I have BitDefender and I know that when I install a conversion mod for the first time, I have to provide permission for MVP to run.

Well, I just got Vista so I would not know how to run this as an administrator.

Could be a firewall issue. I got a notice from Macafee that when I was installing Mvp 1994. It popped up and said this mod wanted to edit something in the registry or something to that effect. This did not happen with any other mod.

try disabling McAfee and Right clicking icon and hitting run as Admin.

I don't know how to disable McAfee. I got this program because it came with the computer. I am more used to Kaspersky.

This is the error that I got when I tried to install the 1994 mod:

What the %$*@ is mvper.exe? And why did it only come up on this mod?

I have no idea at all why this suddenly decided to happen, but it did. I have been trying to play a game in each of the season mods and today for some reason I can not get the 1994 and 1951 seasons to start. They crash right at the startup. I have no idea why. Also, the 1988 mod.

I have done nothing to these mods except install them once I got this computer. The only thing that changed was when I updated the three seasons that were just re-released (1951, 1956 and 1978) and that should not cause it.

Mvp 1994 I can not figure out. I updated nothing in that and I still can't play it. This is literally driving me nuts.

I have Vista.

Anyone familiar with this Vista problem for the game, please let me know. Also, why would this start up just like that? For a week or so nothing went wrong.

Son of a .....

I have Vista, and I have known that MVP "sometimes" has some problems.

This may not work, but right click MVP2005.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Run as administrator, and also check off Windows XP.

When it crashes at startup, does it say a message like "mvp2005.exe has stopped working," or does it just crash to the desktop without a message?

I have Vista, and I have known that MVP "sometimes" has some problems.

This may not work, but right click MVP2005.exe --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Run as administrator, and also check off Windows XP.

When it crashes at startup, does it say a message like "mvp2005.exe has stopped working," or does it just crash to the desktop without a message?

Yes, that's what it EXACTLY says! "mvp2005.exe has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution to the problem, and will notify you if one is found, etc, etc"

Now, I just tried running MVP 1994 under "run as administrator" and I got in the game. Picked two teams, and the game loaded up. Which brings this stupid question up: I've had this computer less than two weeks. Each time I started 1994 I did not run it as administrator and it was ok. What the hell happened?

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it. I mean, I got this new computer for one main reason and that was to play all the season mods. I went nuts when I saw these errors.

Archived