Mvp Baseball '08

mike360

After dickin' around with various slider settings for MLB 2K9 PC and playin' MLB The Show '09 for PSP, I just played a game of MVP Baseball '08 for PC and I gotta say.. My *** was blown outta the seat.. I can't believe how good this game still is. The core of it radiates actual baseball. I watched a CPU vs CPU game on All Star difficulty with default slider settings. I didn't have to putz around with sliders ( which actually make sense in this game - what the hell is with 2K9's sliders ? batting success ? WTF.. ) or anything like that to see a realistic amount of errors, pitches, taken strikes, balls, walks, hits, doubles, triples, runs, and HRs. The uniforms get dirty, which is just refreshing to see after playin' 2K9 where the uniforms stay crispy clean all the damn time. Now, I might catch some heat from MLB 2K9 fans, but, what the hell, I gotta say this. MVP '08 is a better game. The creators spent more time with the core of the game and the modders did an outrageous job of keeping the game current and fresh. I've heard people say that no matter how much you mod MLB 2K9, it's still gonna be a turd.. a polished turd, and I agree. Yea, MLB 2K9 looks better than MVP '08, but who really cares about that when the gameplay of MVP is 10 times more accurate ?

haha yeah the "creators' Spent about oh say 4 years on it.

You mean the guys who made MVP '08, the modders.. right ? Because they are the ones who actually created MVP '08. You're right. Is there anyway to play this game in a window instead of full screen ?

After dickin' around with various slider settings for MLB 2K9 PC and playin' MLB The Show '09 for PSP, I just played a game of MVP Baseball '08 for PC and I gotta say.. My *** was blown outta the seat.. I can't believe how good this game still is. The core of it radiates actual baseball. I watched a CPU vs CPU game on All Star difficulty with default slider settings. I didn't have to putz around with sliders ( which actually make sense in this game - what the hell is with 2K9's sliders ? batting success ? WTF.. ) or anything like that to see a realistic amount of errors, pitches, taken strikes, balls, walks, hits, doubles, triples, runs, and HRs. The uniforms get dirty, which is just refreshing to see after playin' 2K9 where the uniforms stay crispy clean all the damn time. Now, I might catch some heat from MLB 2K9 fans, but, what the hell, I gotta say this. MVP '08 is a better game. The creators spent more time with the core of the game and the modders did an outrageous job of keeping the game current and fresh. I've heard people say that no matter how much you mod MLB 2K9, it's still gonna be a turd.. a polished turd, and I agree. Yea, MLB 2K9 looks better than MVP '08, but who really cares about that when the gameplay of MVP is 10 times more accurate ?

Where did you get it from????

You mean the guys who made MVP '08, the modders.. right ? Because they are the ones who actually created MVP '08. You're right. Is there anyway to play this game in a window instead of full screen ?

No, MVP doesn't support window mode.

MVP in Windowed Mode:

1. Open a Dos prompt. (Start>>Run>>cmd)

2. Navigate to your MVP Directory(Folder)

3. mvp2008.exe -win

*It may run fast.

Nice trick. I'm gonna try it now. Thanks..

It works perfectly - 60 frames per second.

MVP in Windowed Mode:

3. mvp2008.exe -win

*It may run fast.

can you add -win to the target line of the shortcut ???

Also, one more question.. What do you guys recommend doing to lessen the shimmer of pinstripe uniforms ? I have a GeForce 8800GS.

Turn bloom off ?? idk rember im on a laptop but i don't know if there is a way..........

You know how in 07 the camera was not directly behind the pitcher and was closer and then followed the ball to the batter. I like that, whereas in 08 it is a far zoomed out camera directly behind the pitcher that does not follow the pitch.

• 2 months later...

MVP in Windowed Mode:

3. mvp2008.exe -win

*It may run fast.

Is there anything I can do to make it run at normal speed ?

Archived