• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patch appears to be 4 files

mlb2k9.exe

english.iff

tutorial.iff

loc.iff

and from what I can tell this Patch is ONLY the disc version only, those who downloaded it (from a store, not WAREZ) will have to wait I guess

Patch appears to be 4 files

mlb2k9.exe

english.iff

tutorial.iff

loc.iff

and from what I can tell this Patch is ONLY the disc version only, those who downloaded it (from a store, not WAREZ) will have to wait I guess

This is from Ron at the 2K boards:

... It will be a combination of the day one update, the contents of the console patch (thread above), and added support for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller on the PC. So it's pretty extensive (40 MB+)

Godammit! so this patch doesn't work for the downloadable version of the game? no wonder it didn't work!

I also have the download version. More waiting for us i guess :/

I also have the download version. More waiting for us i guess :/

Ok, this makes no sense. Why not support this version? This company makes me shake my head just about every time I read about them.

What on earth? So if I downloaded Direct 2 Drive via Gamestop, then I won't be able to use the patch either? This is some serious bull.

Exactly. Mine is from Gamestop, no luck here. Maybe someone that got it from D2D can confirm that, but i assume they are basically identical.

And Yankee, this entire company makes no sense. Everything they do makes me wonder...

Damn! I can't download it at work. It is filtered out. Gotta wait to I get home. Hope nothing goes wrong with the site with everyone else storming over to the 2k site. I'm anxious to start my season. I usually play all of my April games during real life spring training.

Thanks for the option SeaTrane, but i can wait a little longer :)

Update on the download copies:

Looking into the case about the digital download (i.e. Gamespot). I did say it was for retail copies as of now.

Here's a quote from a member over at OS:

"Patch works, as far as aggressiveness is concerned. After a couple of false starts on allstar and Pro where it was still swinging at everything, the Legend default level looks WAY better. I watched as Ryan Theriot took THREE straight strikes. Obviously that's the other extreme, but it shows the CPU is probably throwing too many strikes, and that can be adjusted easily enough. So far, so good."

Here's the Thread if anyone is interested.

I haven't tested it myself, but it looks like the All-Star and Pro levels are still pretty aggressive.

Just finished my 2nd game and the gameplay is way better than what we started with... No more slow down while running for a pop in the outfield that led to basehits....

does it let u update pichers pitches and the way people hit ?

Can someone just archive the updated files, then post them here, so the people like fuckin' me, who downloaded the game for $20, can patch our shitty games..

Can someone just archive the updated files, then post them here, so the people like fuckin' me, who downloaded the game for $20, can patch our shitty games..

I don't think it will work like that, because they edited the .exe file. The digital exe is different than the retail version.

Archived