Mlb.tv Issues

JP_Frost

I finally caved in yesterday and bought the mlbtv premium package. Living in Europe almost makes this a must have, because of the lack of interest in baseball in general (and the Indians in particular). Obviously, I was aware of some the issues people have had in the past, and I did mlb's bandwidth check, which I passed with flying colors.

The HD feeds look great after you download the nextdef plugin, but therein also lies the problem. That plugin makes the games extremely choppy and unstable. I don't mind it lagging a little every now and then, but some games are unwatchable. Doing a little google search led me to some blogs and forums, and apparently alot of people have this issue. Mlb is supposedly working on nextdef's playback problems (or something to that effect), but that could take a couple of weeks. So I was wondering if anyone else on this site had the same discomfort and knows of any minor fixes that can be made before mlb releases theirs.

If not, feel free to rant, praise or be indifferent on this topic.

Ive been getting MLB package online for a few years now. I enjoy it alot. I get to see the Pirates and Redsox here in New York City with no problem and for that its worth the price. Every year for the 1st week the games are choppy and have alot of stuttering and freezing issues. Thats because they are doing the final tweeks and tests on it. It would be nice if all this was done in spring training so paying customers like us would have a solid product by seasons start!! But so far the images are stunning to say the least. Its looking alot better than seasons past with grainy looking images. But hopefully by weeks end everything is running smoothly!!

Archived