Check These Picture Sizes Please.

Yankee4Life

For those of you that don't know, I do my best to keep a digital photo album of sports photos. One for all sports combined and one just for the Yankees. I usually go to one place to get the photos because I know how to convert them into hi-resolution. I have virtually ignored Yahoo Sports because the photos there, while they are good, are not in hi-res quality that I have grown accustomed to. However, I may have found a way to convert these pictures into hi-res. Take a look and let me know if you can tell a difference. Click on each photo to see it full sized. Thanks.

The original photo, downloaded directly from Yahoo Sports.

The same photo, converted to hi-res.

I can tell a difference. The second one is bigger. :)

Really, though, if the source is, for example, 400x400, resizing it to anything above that will cause quality loss or distortion. Whether it's noticeable or not is dependant on the method and algorithms used to resize them, but ultimately, the source will always be better quality than any resized images.

I can tell a difference. The second one is bigger. :)

Really, though, if the source is, for example, 400x400, resizing it to anything above that will cause quality loss or distortion. Whether it's noticeable or not is dependant on the method and algorithms used to resize them, but ultimately, the source will always be better quality than any resized images.

I don't know what the hell you just said Mark, so I'll just say "yeah" :lol:

so the question would be how...

I'll be very happy to share with you Homer. I grabbed a program called Fast Stone Photo Resizer. The good thing about this is that it is totally free to use. You do not have to pay for it or register it. As you can see I provided the link so you can look at it for yourself. It is extremely easy to use and it works. :)

Now, this is where this can help anyone who is looking for pictures for a new mod. These are photos that can be used for loading screens in MVP or whatever you can replace in 2k9. This also can help you guys in the future should you decide to create your own season mod for 2k9. Along with CBS Sportsline.com, the other place where I get photos, you now have another option for photos here. A lot are the same, but not every one of them.

Archived