Poll: Help Me Decide Something

Yankee4Life

Am I right or wrong?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Tell me what you think of this impass that is dividing my house!

• No Y4L, you are right. I'd do the same thing. You're a genius.
    • Yes Y4L, you are right. I'd do the same thing. You're a genius.
    • You're wife is right. You're nuts

My wife and I are doing some home improvement on the outside of the house. We are getting siding put in when the summer gets here.

Here's the issue. It's the color of the shutters that I have a problem with. She's picked out a style of the siding she wants and the color of the siding. The trouble is, the color of the shutters is red. I don't want red. I make sure everything I own is not red. I don't have a red shirt, I don't have red cloths, I don't have red towels, I don't have red anything!!! Red reminds me of the Boston Red Sox and they are not welcome in this house.

I told her this and explained this to her calmly. Maybe she'd understand. Of course not. She's a woman. She said I was nuts. She said the color of the shutters shouldn't have anything to do with baseball. I say the color blue will look better with the siding because of two reasons: it looks better and also because it isn't red.

Thank you for reading. Thank you more for understanding. Thank you for taking the poll.

Please feel free to leave comments provided if you only agree with me on this subject. :lol:

I believe that you live in upstate New York, right? If so, why not think of the red as the same color of the maple leaves in autumn? If you think of it that way, and as long as you don't have the Red Sox logo on the shutters, you should be OK.

Alternatively, you could think of the red as Anaheim Angels, Cincinnati Reds or Arizona Diamondbacks red, rather than Red Sox red......

Hey!!! Who said I was nuts?? :lol:

Alternatively, you could think of the red as Anaheim Angels, Cincinnati Reds or Arizona Diamondbacks red, rather than Red Sox red......

Jim, I'm not to fond of those teams either. :)

How about the color being a tribute to former Yankee third baseman Red Rolfe who led the American League in 1939 in doubles, hits and runs?

Yeah, I know, I'm reaching here....... :lol:

You're nuts. You're wife is right.

In case you have not noticed, wives are always right. Just remember that and your life will be easier in the future

Thanks Kraw! :lol:

I think I'm going to lose this little battle here and she'll get her way again.

Y4L you are right here. I'm a Braves fan and I wouldn't want anything Mets or Marlins colors. Stick to your guns even if it means losing your wife. Remember people are temporary, teams are eternal.

Y4L you are right here. I'm a Braves fan and I wouldn't want anything Mets or Marlins colors. Stick to your guns even if it means losing your wife. Remember people are temporary, teams are eternal.

That decides it. I think I'll go with the red shutters.

That decides it. I think I'll go with the red shutters.

Dude I'm against the red shutters, not for them. You're going against your team and that will jinx them :o (Just realized how good that would be as a Braves and Rays fan)

Man, oh, man. Y4L, you need just one image to set her straight.

1209651491230.png

Also, make it known that any further transgressions will lead to her Yankee fan membership being revoked, and her being provided with mandatory membership of the "Know your place" club.

1221378407150.jpg

Man, oh, man. Y4L, you need just one image to set her straight.

1209651491230.png

Also, make it known that any further transgressions will lead to her Yankee fan membership being revoked, and her being provided with mandatory membership of the "Know your place" club.

1221378407150.jpg

Excellent post Mark... they wife needs to get back to work.

You got a lot to learn if you get married. You got to pick your battles.

That's why I was helping you out. You have to fight for anything everything and hope you win some.

I fully understand your plight. That is why I asked my wife one very important question when we first met. Being a Red Sox fan myself. I asked her if she was a Yankee fan, her response was who are the Yankee's. We get along just fine :)

I fully understand your plight. That is why I asked my wife one very important question when we first met. Being a Red Sox fan myself. I asked her if she was a Yankee fan, her response was who are the Yankee's. We get along just fine :)

LOL that's funny :D

My wife and I have a mutual understanding. I understand that as a Red Sox fan, she hates the Yankees and she understands that as a Yankees fan, I hate the Red Sox.

We've gotten along just fine together for the last 21 years...... :D

ok I've been married for 8 years together for almost 11 now. My wife doesn't get sports 99% of the time. My Flames insanity is much like your Yanks insanity.

However I have found a system that has kept us happy. I get to have what I want in one room of the house (for me its my basement/den wall mounted TV surround sound etc etc Flames and hockey stuff everywhere.) and she does not say chit! I also have acquired the garage. In exchange for this she gets to do whatever she wants with the rest of house.

While it is not perfect it allows me to have a place or two to hide away.

So yes you are nuts.

My wife and I have a mutual understanding. I understand that as a Red Sox fan, she hates the Yankees and she understands that as a Yankees fan, I hate the Red Sox.

We've gotten along just fine together for the last 21 years...... :D

That's what you think. You've not found the Red Sox jerseys under your garage and house yet.

That's what you think. You've not found the Red Sox jerseys under your garage and house yet.

If they are there it's OK, because overall, I still win -- two of our daughters are Yankees fans and the other one is a Red Sox fan, so Yankee fans outnumber Red Sox fans in our house. :lol:

Archived