Lahman Database

LetsGoFish2015

In MVPedit, the default is version 5.3. How can I change that? Also, how do I go about making large-scale imports from the updated database to my game/editor? Even how to put csv files into game.

You should be able to simply the Lahman 5.6 .mdb file to your MVPEdit folder, after removing the 5.3 version first. To be safe, I would suggest that you backup the 5.3 version someplace so that if the 5.6 version doesn't work, you can always recover the 5.3 version that does work.

I copied the 5.6 file to the right folder, and made sure of no 5.3 file in it. It still says "version 5.3" under "About...". How do I get the updated one in?

Did you first save your original files and then overwrite the version 5.3 files with the 5.6 database ones?

If I remember correctly, the new Lahman Database you put in the MVPEdit folder will have to renamed to 5.3 since the 2006.2 version of MVPEdit looks for the 5.3 version of the database.

Which ones SPECIFICALLY? I am not good with technical terms.

Ok, listen. You want to update your Lahman Database from version 5.3 to version 5.6. So far, so good, right?

Ok in MVP EDIT, the database file has a .MDB extension.

Right now, before you began this, that MDB file is version 5.3 of the Lahman Database. Back that file up. All you got to do is copy that file and place it somewhere else on your hard drive. Remember where it is in case you have to go back to it.

Ok now, you copied your original MDB file and put it someplace else on your hard drive. That's done. Now go ahead and delete the .MDB file that's in that directory. Replace it with the new .MDB file, which is the new 5.6 version of that database.

Now get back into MVP EDIT and see if everything is ok. If so, then you are all set. If not, then you still have a backup of your original .MDB file that you can put right back in just as if nothing had changed.

That was step by step for you.

EDIT: I now see that tebjr helped you and you are all set. If not for nothing else, this post will give you step by step pointers on how to back up files for your game.

How do I globally? Can anyone tell me??????????????!!

I don't think you can. That's probably why the roster makers don't always do it themselves.

Archived