Tc 1951 Question

sal

I just installed the tc1951. I followed the steps to the tee. i have 2 folders.

1 folder in the mvp2005 folder called tc1951

1 folder in the ea sports folder called total classics 1951.

I didnt install or copy/paste any files in the main mvp 2005 directory.

so i load the game and i cannot find tc1951, can someone assist me in finding it or let me know if i did something wrong.

thanks again for your time and help in advance.

Yes, I can help. You did it wrong and you didn't follow the directions to the tee.

Installing a total conversion mod means that you need a SEPARATE installation of Mvp baseball on your computer. That is to say you need MVP 2005 installed a second time.

This is what you should have done:

1. You already have your game installed, and let's just say it is installed in C:\MVP 2005. We'll use that as an example.

2. Now you want to install a new season mod and you want the 1951 season. Ok. You need to install MVP 2005 again right from scratch in a different directory. This is very important. Let's say you are going to install it in C:\MVP 1951. Again, just an example.

3. So, now you have MVP installed again in that directory. What you have there right now is what we like to call a clean or a fresh install because this is when the game is installed straight from the disks with absolutely no mods. Now, since you already have downloaded the 1951 season mod, execute that file and tell the installer to install the 1951 season in the C:\MVP 1951 directory.

4. When the installer is done, exit the installer and then go in the C:\MVP 1951 directory and play the game and you will see the 1951 season in all its glory.

Have fun.

oh i know there are, im starting from the oldest to the latest, i will play them all. you think there could be later versions like the 20's 30's and fourties.

oh i know there are, im starting from the oldest to the latest, i will play them all. you think there could be later versions like the 20's 30's and fourties.

You never know..... B)

FYI:

There is also the "TC Walk Through History" mod which features 16 teams ranging from the early 1900's thru the early 1950's. It can also be played in a dynasty mode as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question about this. How do I do a clean install of the game when I already have game on here? I'm trying to install the TC 70's-80's. I made a separate game folder for the TC mod and copied all of the contents of the MVP 05 folder (even though it has the MVP 08 mod on it) into the new folder. I then used the TC installer and directed the files to be put in the new TC game folder. However, when I tried to start the game, it crashed.

Now, I know the problem lies in needing to make a fresh install of the game to a new directory. However, when I put disc 1 of my game in, it says "Uninstall" on the menu. Please let me know how to do this properly.

Quick question about this. How do I do a clean install of the game when I already have game on here? I'm trying to install the TC 70's-80's. I made a separate game folder for the TC mod and copied all of the contents of the MVP 05 folder (even though it has the MVP 08 mod on it) into the new folder. I then used the TC installer and directed the files to be put in the new TC game folder. However, when I tried to start the game, it crashed.

Now, I know the problem lies in needing to make a fresh install of the game to a new directory. However, when I put disc 1 of my game in, it says "Uninstall" on the menu. Please let me know how to do this properly.

You need a default(generic) install of MVP 05 to use with the TC mods. I have a generic MVP 05 install on my HDD just for this reason.

I told you to search but I know you didn't because that takes an effort. Go and read this thread and follow it.

I did read the thread (or at least one of the threads) about this before I began doing so.

On another note, how can I get a default install from the original disk without deleting the files I already have?

Once you install MVP 2005 go to the folder you installed it to and copy all the files in that folder (Dont forget patch #5) and copy to a misc folder somewhere. So when you go to try a new mod just make a new folder with the mod name your gonna play in your MVP 2005 directory and copy the install files there.

So, long story short, I'm going to have to uninstall the current MVP 2005 after I backup the files w/ the present mods in a separate folder, and then make a clean install of the game. Is this correct?

I'm sorry if I acting like I'm having to be spoonfed this stuff. I just want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly.

Archived