I Need Help Making Audio

Cavicchi

I took Blake from Casey Blake (1181) and Dewitt from Matt DeWitt (1040) to make Blake DeWitt (8127). I did the .wav files and tried to make the .dat files using Mosx.dat but it doesn't make the .dat files. I followed the instructions by editing the Mosx.dat to 8127.wav for all 3 files and after opening Mosx.dat and closing by hitting Enter, there are no .dat files made. I have Vista x64 and don't know if that's the problem or not. Anyway, I am attaching the .wav files and if someone can help I would appreciate it. The .wav files open with Windows Media Player, but you should be able to use whatever...

I don't know what you're talking about. I am making audio and attached the .wav files I made--get it? I am using the Audio Mods program to convert these .wav files into .dat files but as I said above--this is not working. After hitting Mosx.dat the files are supposed to convert to .dat files and nothing happens. I have Vista and maybe that is the problem, I don't know. I am asking for help because I cannot convert those attached files to .dat files. Now do you understand?

did you edit the mosf dat file to add in the correct file names?

Yes. The problem was in your tutorial the instructions are to make the .dat files before importing the .hdr. files. I experimented by importing the .hdr files and then it did make the .dat files. Now I am going to do the .hdr files and will post here shortly how it goes.

By the way, thanks for the tutorial, but I think you need to change the instruction order to include those .hdr files before converting to .dat files. Also, under the .hdr instructions, you have under 1. "Open up the pnamedat.big file listed above with Biggui. Highlight any three files. For ease, I'm using the 0003a.hdr.... I believe you meant pnamehdr.big, not pnamedat.big

yeah, it's definitely out dated. didn't notice the typos. but it doesn't matter if you make the hdr files or dat files first. you just need both to make it work. i don't know if vista will have any issues with it, but if you still can't convert them, just post your wav files and i'll convert them.

yeah, it's definitely out dated. didn't notice the typos. but it doesn't matter if you make the hdr files or dat files first. you just need both to make it work. i don't know if vista will have any issues with it, but if you still can't convert them, just post your wav files and i'll convert them.

Homer, I did it but the volume seems a bit low. I took Blake from Casey Blake (1181) and Dewitt from Matt DeWitt (1040) to make Blake DeWitt (8127)

I am attaching the file I did and you can judge for yourself, but as I said, it does seem a bit too low in volume.

well i'm not sure what exactly it is you did, but it's definitely not right. try this instead. i added the pa audio for you too.

and as for the "blake", i would recommend using the first name. there are plenty of guys with that first name in the game already. it doesn't sound the same if you grab it from someone's last name and try to use it for the first name.

Blake.rar

Homer, what you did sounds great! What program did you use to record? I have Vista Ultimate and there is no Windows recorder like maybe there is in XP. I used a freeware program found on the Internet, but apparently it doesn't get the volume right, or perhaps it was something I need to do.

Anyway, thanks for audio!

By the way, I have a real challenge for you: Chin-lung Hu of the Dodgers, photo ID 2884, player ID b44. I figure Chien from Chien-Ming Wang, and lung from Long-oria, but that seems tricky getting only part of the name, not to mention Hu that would surely be a toughie.

Homer,

I realized the problem was not using the right frequency and recording it in mono. I experimented with taking Mark from Mark Teixeira and Medrano from Anthony Medrano to make Mark Medrano and it worked. The frequency I used this time is 44100 in 16 bits and stereo. You can check it out with my attachments.

Thanks again for the Audio Tutorial--I couldn't have done it without you.

I discovered yet another thing from looking at what you did with Blake DeWitt, and that is frequency is fine at 24000 with mono. Apparently, I went wrong by recording at 6000 instead of 24000. So, it doesn't have to be in stereo or 44100, just thought I'd add that in for the benefit of others.

Archived