Nats Pick Pitcher That Throws 102 Mph!

Cavicchi

Based on this comment shown below the article, Strasburg looks real good:

#

Billy W

6. Posted by Billy W Tue Jun 9 6:43pm EDT

this guy is the real deal i seen him pitch against soriano and ichiro in a charity game he struck them out with 3 pitches each they looked like fools

Boras is asking for $ 50 M. He also said Oliver Perez was one of the top 5 LHP in baseball.

Consensus estimates are somewhere between $ 12 to $ 20 M, from what I hear.

I wouldn't use someone like that as a scouting report for a pitcher. He doesn't even have correct grammar.

If he saw him pitch and did what he said, the grammar don't mean a thing. B)

"Considered one of the most talented prospects in the event’s 45-year history, the right-hander features a blazing fastball that’s been clocked at 102 mph—and some nasty breaking stuff, too. He went 13-1 with a 1.32 ERA this season for San Diego State, leading the Aztecs to their first postseason berth since 1991."

Well, he did lose one game, so maybe he ain't all that hot. :D

"Strasburg leads Division I pitchers with 195 strikeouts in 109 innings this year, and was the only amateur on the U.S. Olympic team that won a bronze medal in Beijing last summer."

Not bad, almost averaging two strikeouts an inning, but a few strikeouts short... ^_^

i hope for his sake, and the nationals', he can do more than just throw 102 mph

According to the article I linked to above, he also has some nasty breaking pitches.

Based on this comment shown below the article, Strasburg looks real good:

#

Billy W

6. Posted by Billy W Tue Jun 9 6:43pm EDT

this guy is the real deal i seen him pitch against soriano and ichiro in a charity game he struck them out with 3 pitches each they looked like fools

Ok, Ichiro is one thing, but let's be honest here, either of us could strike out Soriano, just throw him low and away sliders and he'll never figure it out... lol

Ok, Ichiro is one thing, but let's be honest here, either of us could strike out Soriano, just throw him low and away sliders and he'll never figure it out... lol

Just think 102 mph fastballs with nasty breaking stuff, and that should make lots of other players look foolish. I believe this kid will be awesome in the truest sense of the meaning.

Consider me a pessimist, but considering he was a nothing prospect out of High School, has suddenly discovered an extra 15MPH on his fastball and the NCAA not being known for clamping down on PEDS...

Maybe he'll be another Joel Zumaya. He was clocked at 103 mph vs St Louis tonight.

the nats better hope hes not another Joel Zumaya

zumaya used to be so much better untill the guitar hero thing and then when he was "moving boxes"

he may have hit 103 but he dosen't hit 100 all the time like he use to and he walks to much now

Archived