Tryng To Mod Stadium Announcement Audio

Toleton

This also have to do with a question made by MILKMANANT in the Audio Thread of Cavicchi´s work. While I was making some new players audio I wondered if it could be possible to make the same with the stadium announcement audio at game start, my idea is to updated such announcement for Jacobs to Progressive Field, Shea Stadium to Citi Field and RFK stadium to Nationals Park, by using same procedure as players audio. I located the stdnmdat.big at MVP baseball 2005/data/audio/cd/spch_pbp path and extracted the corresponding .dat files (06.dat & 06.dat for Jacobs; 29a.dat & 29b.dat for Shea and 44a.dat for RFK), then I converted to .wav files same as for players audio with SX.exe program and performed the editing OK. Next I converted again the modded .wav files to .dat with SX.exe keeping the same file names and imported back to stdnmdat.big using EAGraph. I did not make anything to the .hdr files in the corresponding stdnmhdr.big as I thought it would not be any problem if I was using identical files names. But when I tried with a game against the Indians as Home Club there was no announcement at all from Kuiper and Krukow, not any audio from these except for the backup music, the same for the Mets and Nationals. Then I tried import back to stdnmdat.big with BigGUI and TiT but the file was not modified as .dat were not imported in either case.

So my questions are:

Does anybody have tried to make this modd before? it can be done for the game to assimilate it OK as well as the players audio or not?? am I doing something wrong or I am missing something??... best regards for all

Stadium audio editing is possible, because I had some custom ones made for my Total Classics single season mods. The guy who did it for me is named "Hory". He hasn't been on this site in quite a while, but I have seen him periodically over at EAMods.

With my Nationals Park audio, Kuiper "might" say it. If he doesn't then it would be silence until the batter comes up. I didn't touch the .hdr file however since it was already there. Is yours always silent?

With my Nationals Park audio, Kuiper "might" say it. If he doesn't then it would be silence until the batter comes up. I didn't touch the .hdr file however since it was already there. Is yours always silent?

It is total silence for me, not even player announcement, except for the music which is OK, it is obvious we are missing some detail here Milkmanant.......... and Jim825 thanks for your reference, I will try at the other site to see if Hory is still active or somebody know the answer

Archived