A Non-widescreen Monitor In Hd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically that card is eliminated from my wishlist? (Due to the 300<400)

Hey Cavicchi, I just found the message with your portraits, gonna try them 2mor.

Thanks!

All high-end graphics cards that I know require lots of wattage based on the manufacturers recommendations.

So basically that card is eliminated from my wishlist? (Due to the 300<400)

I wanna start a small PC business. I could get you a 500 watt power supply, the 9800GT you want, and install it for way less than some corporate place would charge you. It's an easy job if you have experience with PC hardware. Installing a power supply ( swapping it with your current one ) and video card wouldn't take me more than 15 minutes.

You should get a stronger power supply amyway if you have the dough. That 9800GT would keep you content for a long time. New video cards are probably the #1 reason people buy stronger power supplies.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817339020

Something like that would be good for you. You want a power supply with a PCI-E connector. This power supply has one.

ya stick with the Geforce series right now. the 9600 or 9800 (GT) will destroy almost any game on the market. If you need to lower down the budget a bit the 9500 GT is excellent for the budget gamer.

I've been looking around still and I have considered the 9600 GT. It is in the range of my Power Supply according to a "pro". A con was

"Probably can't run newer games like crysis with maxed settings." Is that true or maybe his CPU contributes to that?

Comparing the 9600 GT to my current card, the numbers are staggering for the GT. Also it stacks up with the 9800 GT.

Here's the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130485

I've been looking around still and I have considered the 9600 GT. It is in the range of my Power Supply according to a "pro". A con was

"Probably can't run newer games like crysis with maxed settings." Is that true or maybe his CPU contributes to that?

Comparing the 9600 GT to my current card, the numbers are staggering for the GT. Also it stacks up with the 9800 GT.

Here's the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130485

The minimum power requirement for the 9600 GT is 400 watts

Take a look at the spec sheet at NVIDIA's website (click on Specifications)- they know better than anyone else what their cards need.

If you do get a new PSU, I suggest at least 500 watts. You may be surprised to know a good 600 watt PSU doesn't cost all that much more than a good 500 watt PSU--and quality does matter. All PSU's are not designed equally.

If you do get a new PSU, I suggest at least 500 watts. You may be surprised to know a good 600 watt PSU doesn't cost all that much more than a good 500 watt PSU--and quality does matter. All PSU's are not designed equally.

How exactly would I know which one fits for my CPU? I'm sure all of them can't be compatible with my CPU.

*PS. I am working and almost done with the portrait that isn't Kei Igawa. Sorry for taking long... sis has been on this CPU a lot. Try and get it to you 2mor.

How exactly would I know which one fits for my CPU? I'm sure all of them can't be compatible with my CPU.

*PS. I am working and almost done with the portrait that isn't Kei Igawa. Sorry for taking long... sis has been on this CPU a lot. Try and get it to you 2mor.

That is a real portrait of Kei Igawa. There is one in the game that I didn't like, gives him what looks like a silly grin, so I downloaded a different portrait that someone made of him.

Hmm...I build my own computers and never had an issue with size. Why don't you contact the manufacturer of your computer and ask them about it; there might be some issue I'm not aware of due to space in your computer. I am trying to remember if an old 300 watt PSU I had was smaller than my present 625 watt PSU and I can't truly remember, not even sure if they are standard or not in size. When you build your own computers, you buy the case and do research as to what kind of motherboard will fit, etc. I haven't had a commercially built computer in so many years that I don't know what they are doing these days.

Can you post a picture of your computer case opened or unopened ? This will enable us to tell you what power supply would fit in your case.

Can you post a picture of your computer case opened or unopened ? This will enable us to tell you what power supply would fit in your case.

I'll try opening it 2mor. Well when I wake up

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, awesome monitors.

Be aware of one thing though: the HP monitor has only 6 reviews, while the Asus one has 622.

HP has a 3ms response rate while Asus is 5ms.

I don't know what this is but HP has pixel pitch 0.24825mm and Asus pixel pitch 0.272mm.

I'd go with Asus.

Good luck with it man

Trues that one is nice! Reviews made me kinda happy, thanks bigpapi for the heads up. HDMI on this also gives me a lot of options with consoles.

Sale ends when I get paid, hope I can catch it if indeed this is the one! Thanks again guys!

I was looking through Newegg.com just now, and they are giving some hot offers. I am interested in the free games that come along with a certain video card.

There's 4 on this page, and idk how I can tell which one is better and what spec is more important than the other.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...y=48&page=2

I'd appreciate some more insight

In that case, you'd be much better served in learning this sort of stuff yourself. Not taking a shot at you or anything, but if you're capable of fitting the parts yourself, you should also be more than capable of learning more about the internals of your computer system and finding out what all those acronyms mean, how certain things work, and what to look for in certain pieces of equipment that lets you know what's good and what isn't.

That way, you'll be able to tell instantly what you're looking for, instead of having to ask others.

Again, not meaning that in a bad way, but the more you know, the more valuable you are, not only to others, but yourself as well.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

In that case, you'd be much better served in learning this sort of stuff yourself. Not taking a shot at you or anything, but if you're capable of fitting the parts yourself, you should also be more than capable of learning more about the internals of your computer system and finding out what all those acronyms mean, how certain things work, and what to look for in certain pieces of equipment that lets you know what's good and what isn't.

That way, you'll be able to tell instantly what you're looking for, instead of having to ask others.

Again, not meaning that in a bad way, but the more you know, the more valuable you are, not only to others, but yourself as well.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Very good advice. Also @MM, some of those cards you're looking at are double-slotted. Make sure you have room around your PCI-E slot, as those cards will take up another slot because of the cooling. Also, make sure you check the wattage of your PSU when it comes to some of those cards.

Some of them are really long in length as well, make sure your motherboard and case has the room.

Just throwing out some things to look out for when upgrading/adding hardware.

Very good advice. Also @MM, some of those cards you're looking at are double-slotted. Make sure you have room around your PCI-E slot, as those cards will take up another slot because of the cooling.

Thanks for that tip, there's so much small things that don't show in system requirements. It has me panicking, knowing that this is my first major purchase.

Also, make sure you check the wattage of your PSU when it comes to some of those cards.

Someone brung that up earlier in the thread, I will have to buy a new power supply with this.

• 1 month later...

I will have to buy a new power supply with this.

Well I am back on my mission of purchasing the 3 things I need for better PC Gaming. (Monitor, Video Card, PSU)

I got the monitor that Trues recommended in the 2nd page in early August and I love it! It makes NBA 2K9 look awesome on widescreen and 1280x1024 (4:3) makes MVP and old games look great! (Previously had to use 1024x768 for everything)

Now for my quote, I bought this power supply, knowing that I would need an upgrade when I do get a video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817371007

There was a review with someone saying that it fit perfectly in their Inspiron 518, which is what I have. Also people have been writing that this goes good with a 4850, which is what I am seriously looking at.

This card is kind of expensive, but it looks like the 512MB one is $99, a $25 difference from the one I want.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102837

I have been a bit shy of messing w/ the inside of my CPU and spending my last summer dollars on this, but something's got to give. I played NFS Shift's Demo, and there was serious lag (Also with a lot of demanding demos). Also I have to lower a lot of settings with the 2K9's, so it's time for me to step up to the plate. :blink:

MM, that's a double-slot card. Make sure you have the space on your mobo for it. It's going to take up the space of 2 slots.

*If I've told you about this already, just disregard. :pardon:

I actually looked inside, and I can't really determine whether I will have space (Don't know how much the card will ask for). I'm going to look inside now, but I wish I could take a picture and show it.

I did run into this however. Idk if it can be "the picture" I wanted to take. I think #26 is where my current card is.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...v.htm#wp1194462

Check the 518's System Board Components.

Archived