Schedule

sal

I am creating total classics 1927 and i need to know how to make the schedule for 16 teams instead of the 30 teams that are in the game. Can anyone assist me in removing the teams from the schedule and what tools if any, i would need to do so.

Thanks Sal

Hory, over at EAMods, created the 16-team schedule for me for TC1956. You could check with him to see if he could help. Another option that might work (although it wouldn't be perfectly accurate) is to take the schedule from TC1951 and use that. We might have to change some of the team name abbreviations, however, we could probably get it to work. I would just need you to send me the .mbe file from your rosters to see what the team name abbreviations are.

Hory, over at EAMods, created the 16-team schedule for me for TC1956. You could check with him to see if he could help. Another option that might work (although it wouldn't be perfectly accurate) is to take the schedule from TC1951 and use that. We might have to change some of the team name abbreviations, however, we could probably get it to work. I would just need you to send me the .mbe file from your rosters to see what the team name abbreviations are.

Jim, none of the team names from 1927 and 1951 are different. The first year for a franchise shift in modern times was in 1953 when the Braves opened their first season in Milwaukee after leaving Boston.

Jim, none of the team names from 1927 and 1951 are different. The first year for a franchise shift in modern times was in 1953 when the Braves opened their first season in Milwaukee after leaving Boston.

The Dodgers were known as the Brooklyn Robins in 1927, however, they were still in Brooklyn, so the TC1951 schedule could be used "as is" for a quick and dirty solution.

The Dodgers were known as the Brooklyn Robins in 1927, however, they were still in Brooklyn, so the TC1951 schedule could be used "as is" for a quick and dirty solution.

Yes they were! :)

Thanks Guys, The only difference from mine and jims is i used min for wash and oak for phil. i believe jim used wash for wash and kc for oak.

but i will send you my file when i get home. thanks for the help guys i really appreciate this.

Sal

• 4 weeks later...

Sal - Here is an updated version of the .mbe file for the 1927 rosters and the TC1951 schedule. For the rosters, I modified the team.dat and tstat.dat files so that only the 16 teams from 1927 are configured as major league teams. The other 14 teams are now in the minor leagues. You will see this right away when you open up the .mbe file with MVPEdit. I also setup the divsion structure to be the same as TC1951. Unfortunately, the game requires you to have 3 divisions in each league and each division must have contain a minimum of 2 teams.

After opening the .mbe file in MVPEdit, export your rosters to your data \ database folder. Copy the TC1951 schedule.big file to your your data \ database folder and then start up the game and try simming a full season of a dynasty to make sure that everything works OK.

One thing to be aware of is that only the first year of the schedule contains the TC1951 schedule. The second and third year of the schedule contain the default schedules that came with the game (which use all 30 teams), so if you try to run your dynasty past the first year, it will crash since the other 14 teams in the second and third year schedules are no longer in the major leagues (since I moved them to the minors).

Let me know how these work for you.

1927_updated.rar

TC1951_schedule.rar

this is a little off of the other poster, but what i need to do is use mvp 08 retaining everything, except make the division setup be like 88 classic or as close to the old division as possible keeping in mind two half reside in the central by force of game structure? the nl would go 6.2.6 and the al would be 6.4.6 if im doing my math right.

this is a little off of the other poster, but what i need to do is use mvp 08 retaining everything, except make the division setup be like 88 classic or as close to the old division as possible keeping in mind two half reside in the central by force of game structure? the nl would go 6.2.6 and the al would be 6.4.6 if im doing my math right.

That is easy to do. Just open your team.dat roster file and change the setting for field 5 (team_division) for each team and that will move them around for you.

For example, here's a snippet of the team.dat file:

0 unique_team,1 team_location,2 team_long_name,3 team_short_name,4 team_league,5 team_division,6 team_artid,7 team_climatezone,

00b87d5f5,0 Ana,1 Anaheim,2 Angels,3 ANA,4 0,5 0,6 1,7 1,8 1,9 0,10 0,11 1

00b880fe0,0 Oak,1 Oakland,2 Athletics,3 OAK,4 0,5 0,6 2,7 1,8 0,9 0,10 0,11 1

00b88215e,0 Sea,1 Seattle,2 Mariners,3 SEA,4 0,5 0,6 3,7 0,8 1,9 0,10 2,11 0,

00b8825b6,0 Tex,1 Texas,2 Rangers,3 TEX,4 0,5 0,6 4,7 1,8 0,9 0,10 0,11 1,

00b87db72,0 CWS,1 Chicago,2 White Sox,3 CWS,4 0,5 1,6 5,7 2,8 0,9 0,10 0,11 0,

The team divisions are setup as follows:

0 = AL West

1 = AL Central

2 = AL East

3 = NL West

4 = NL Central

5 = NL East

I have a question related to the one mcoll asked: Is there a minimum and/or maximum to the number of leagues per division/league?

The game doesn't really allow you to change the number of leagues or divisions. What it does allow you to do is move teams around to different leagues or divisions.

For example, when I created the TC1978 mod, I moved the Milwaukee Brewers back to the American League. Teams that were not in existence in 1978 (Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Tampa) were moved to the minor leagues, although if you were to go into Exhibition Mode, you can still select them from the Major League menu. I did the same thing for TC1951 and TC1956.

As far as the divisions, the game requires a minimum of 2 teams in each division. When I was working on TC1978, I was hoping to use just the East and West divisions (like it was in 1978), but was told that you could not have an empty division (or a division with only one team).

The game doesn't really allow you to change the number of leagues or divisions. What it does allow you to do is move teams around to different leagues or divisions.

For example, when I created the TC1978 mod, I moved the Milwaukee Brewers back to the American League. Teams that were not in existence in 1978 (Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Tampa) were moved to the minor leagues, although if you were to go into Exhibition Mode, you can still select them from the Major League menu. I did the same thing for TC1951 and TC1956.

As far as the divisions, the game requires a minimum of 2 teams in each division. When I was working on TC1978, I was hoping to use just the East and West divisions (like it was in 1978), but was told that you could not have an empty division (or a division with only one team).

Thanks Jim. I should have written "...Is there a minimum and/or maximum to the number of teams per division/league?" but you figured it out, so thanks.

I guess the game crashed when you tried to have less than two teams in a division?

Thanks Jim. I should have written "...Is there a minimum and/or maximum to the number of teams per division/league?" but you figured it out, so thanks.

I guess the game crashed when you tried to have less than two teams in a division?

I didn't actually try it. I was just told that it would not work by Hory when he created the TC1978 schedule for me. Because of the way that the playoffs work (3 division winners + 1 wildcard), I can see why you would need to have at least one team in each division.

I didn't actually try it. I was just told that it would not work by Hory when he created the TC1978 schedule for me. Because of the way that the playoffs work (3 division winners + 1 wildcard), I can see why you would need to have at least one team in each division.

Thanks for the info Jim.

the only thing i dont in the info is what about the numbers for the league, thesay if mil in the nl and want them back in the al there div needs to be changed from 1 to 5, but the league number. it appears ther one, but what the number field and the numbers for each league.

this what im intending to setup as, now what that do to the shedule stuff, if jim said what i think he said tb would still play mostly al teams, but can dylan schedule maker change that. or we stuck on that one

the only thing i dont in the info is what about the numbers for the league, thesay if mil in the nl and want them back in the al there div needs to be changed from 1 to 5, but the league number. it appears ther one, but what the number field and the numbers for each league.

Field 4 (team_league) defines the league For the major leagues, the values are as follows:

0 = American League

1 = National League

Here's the information you wanted Mcoll:

You'd want to replace Mil with Mil1 and TB with TB1 first.

Then replace TB1 with Mil and Mil1 with TB.

If you just replaced all Mil with TB and then all TB with Mil, TB would have no games and Milwaukee would have 324.

ii understanding the vaules for each and changing the div ect., but im wondering what happens if you change the order each team so theyll be like they are now, but in my new layout. meaning keeping the teams grouped in there divs.

There is really only one way to find out. First keep the teams where they are now (i.e. change their divisions, but do not move them around in the file). Start the game and verify that the changes took effect and that there are no crashes.

If everything works OK, back up the files (make copies of them), and then move the lines around so that all the teams in a division are grouped together. Start the game again and see if everything still works OK. If it does, then it proves that moving the lines around in the file has no adverse effects.

Archived