Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Trues

Oh, I see how it is. I make one wrong turn (ok, it was off a cliff) and you're kicking me out of the drivers seat already? :spiteful:

Trues, did you get behind the wheel after one-to-many adult beverages? JR should have been a good friend, and snatched the keys from ya. :lol:

Man, I'm dying to get in there with you guys, just real-life stuff is killing my gaming time right now. <_<

Oh, I see how it is. I make one wrong turn (ok, it was off a cliff) and you're kicking me out of the drivers seat already? :spiteful:

lol, actually I was talking about my debacle when I darted up the cliff at 90mph and right into the middle of the enemy, and then just told everyone to "get out".   :p

I totally forgot about you driving us off the cliff, I just figured my days driving the jeep were numbered.   :rolleyes:

I might just get this. I was watching some gameplay on youtube and the maps look huge.

We just finished our first mission this afternoon, which actually consisted of 3 Primary Objectives and 3 Secondary Objectives.  Very realistic, and very versatile.  Lots and lots of different things to do in just "one" complete mission.

We're still getting used to things, but only after approx. 2 or 3 hours of play time, things are starting to go much smoother.  If any of you happen to like this type of game (sneaking in the dark over a hillside to plan how you're going to infiltrate a camp, etc.), then this game is exactly what you're looking for.

Hopefully some of you guys pick it up and want to join, you won't be dissapointed.

I got the game, its a pretty hardcore shooter!

Skype name: davidswanzy

Game name: kraken613

I might play some online tonight!

Sounds great!  We'll (Trues and I) will be online around 9:00 pm EST.  We are actually using TeamSpeak (True's Server) and it works extremely well.  I'll leave it up to him to give out the information (he should see this post before then) for anyone that's wants to log on.

Excellent, it's truly been a blast so far.

For anyone still interested, here's a couple of in game screens. The first screen doesn't even do it justice to begin to tell you guys how huge these maps are. I can honestly say I've not seen maps this big in any type of game before. In the first pic, the objective was to protect some POW's that had escaped and were hiding out in a few abandoned huts (see arrow). Directly to the right of the arrow (behind the treeline) was a small assault team that had them cornered, and obviously it was our job to take them out.

The next two screens are from a night mission where we had to sneak in undetected and plant some C4 on a power generator that was running the Oil plant. We had to (silently) take out a couple of guards while our other team created a diversion that allowed us to infiltrate the factory. This one was a little tough, but we finally got through it.

Archived