Changes in this patch below:

Detroit Tigers road pants issue corrected

Todd Jones has his correct portrait

Alex S. Gonzalez has his correct portrait

Orlando Cabrera portrait updated

Sean O's 1988 3com Park at Candlestick Point added

Sean O's 1998 Fenway Park added

Crowd removed in Tiger Stadium's Center Field

Network Associates Stadium reverted to MVP 2005 version (Stadium released in original didn't included the then recently added Mount Davis)

Sandy Alomar Jr. Skin Colour fixed

Derek Lowe Skin Colour fixed

Lou Piniella managing Mariners

Audio from TC Audio Project added

All of Homer's Cyberfaces relevant to the '98 Season added

Click here to download this file

i think you included the wrong roster files. did you make any changes to it after i my changes? i just noticed that all the changes i made to them aren't in this one, so i don't believe you got the right one. there's still several guys who will have messed up faces.

i think you included the wrong roster files. did you make any changes to it after i my changes? i just noticed that all the changes i made to them aren't in this one, so i don't believe you got the right one. there's still several guys who will have messed up faces.

That's strange, because I've checked out my copy of the mod and I installed the patch in another location and both came up with the correct rosters WITH your changes included. Could you post the date of the roster file just to triple check?

EDIT: I've checked the models.big as well as all the other files and they all match up to the most up to date versions. I'm confused how this problem has occured for you.

january 12th. look at your roster and tell me if chuck finley is assigned an 05 style face. if not, then it's not the right one. i just installed the patch and that's what i saw.

january 12th. look at your roster and tell me if chuck finley is assigned an 05 style face. if not, then it's not the right one. i just installed the patch and that's what i saw.

That is very odd to say the least (The roster should be 13th Jan 2010, 23:13). I have litterally just installed the Patch to another part of my system and everything is up to date (Including the Rosters).

Check out an A's home game and see what version of that stadium you have. I just want to make sure of something.

then i will need to reinstall and see what happens. anyone else who has installed the update, will you check to see if the roster has chuck finley assigned an 05 style face, and arthur rhodes has an 04 style?

yeah i don't know what the deal is. i even installed your patch in a separate folder. and when i wen through the manager.dat file, none of the changes i made were in there.

andy82,

Congratulations on a Grand addition to the Classics. Your work along with those that helped is really well done and much appreciated.

Homer,

Both Finley & Rhodes face assignments (04 & 05 type settings) are incorrect and I do have the correct timestamped rosters. I have noticed several incorrect face assignments.

I have also noticed (perhaps I need to reinstall as my installation didn't go smoothly so I manually installed the files) that when playing in Houston's Astrodome the initial pbp audio is silent but corrects shortly after the game is in progress. I assume it might be a problem with the Astrodome Stadium audio that was installed if in fact it was attempted to be installed.

Thanks Much andy82 --- Really Great Work,

Don

andy82,

Congratulations on a Grand addition to the Classics. Your work along with those that helped is really well done and much appreciated.

Homer,

Both Finley & Rhodes face assignments (04 & 05 type settings) are incorrect and I do have the correct timestamped rosters. I have noticed several incorrect face assignments.

I have also noticed (perhaps I need to reinstall as my installation didn't go smoothly so I manually installed the files) that when playing in Houston's Astrodome the initial pbp audio is silent but corrects shortly after the game is in progress. I assume it might be a problem with the Astrodome Stadium audio that was installed if in fact it was attempted to be installed.

Thanks Much andy82 --- Really Great Work,

Don

Thank you for the comments.

Well I looked up Finley and it matched up with Homer's changed. So I really don't know what's happening. I individually checked each player that got homer's cybers and had no issues, so...?

Little unsure why you've come across audio issues at the Astrodome, I've just ran a game there and the intro went smoothly without any missing commentary. I will check if I left it off the release however.

I am probably going to get "ripped" for this but:

How do I apply this patch?

It downloads as as a *.rar but is an *.exe file. There is

no *.txt file for explanation.

When I try to extract it to a temp directory nothing

happens.

When I try to just exe the file, Norton detects an error

and deletes the file automatically.

I really appreciate what you guys do and I am not trying

to trash anyone or anything. I am just confused here.

Try to be kind with your response to this.............

DC

I am probably going to get "ripped" for this but:

How do I apply this patch?

It downloads as as a *.rar but is an *.exe file. There is

no *.txt file for explanation.

When I try to extract it to a temp directory nothing

happens.

When I try to just exe the file, Norton detects an error

and deletes the file automatically.

I really appreciate what you guys do and I am not trying

to trash anyone or anything. I am just confused here.

Try to be kind with your response to this.............

DC

1. Extract .EXE file from the .RAR file

2. Run the .EXE file and it will install the mod.

It's as simple as that. I have no answer to why you can't extract the file. If Norton is detecting an error, then I would suggest you shut off Norton before running the .EXE file (or maybe even before you extract the file).

As the instructions on the download page state, make sure you install the v1.0 version before you install the patch on top of it. I had no problems installing the patch on my system.

Right, I see no need to create another patch for what needs to be sorted, so I'm going to just type it out so you guys can correct it. These are small things so they shouldn't be too tough.

1. For guys who are noticing no changes, FredGherkin found that when choosing the original mod location it would then force the creation of a Total Classics '98 folder, so for example, if the original install was located in "C:\98 MOD" and you selected that location in the installer, it would then install in "C:\98 MOD\Total Classics '98". Simply, after selecting the install location, remove the bolded bit and then it should install fine.

2. I cocked up Mike Blowers Cyberface in that I didn't compress it. Basically, extract the cyberface with EAGE then re-import with TiT. Simple bonehead mistake that comes from being a noob to Total Conversion Modding.

I will be re-packaging TC98 soon to integrate the original and the patch (Along with these glitches).

1. For guys who are noticing no changes, FredGherkin found that when choosing the original mod location it would then force the creation of a Total Classics '98 folder, so for example, if the original install was located in "C:\98 MOD" and you selected that location in the installer, it would then install in "C:\98 MOD\Total Classics '98". Simply, after selecting the install location, remove the bolded bit and then it should install fine.

It does this even when installing the v1.0 version of the mod. Wherever you specify for the mod to install, it always appends "Total Classics '98" to the end of the path. As you said, you can remove the unwanted bit. You just have to remember to double check your install path name before clicking the Install button.

It does this even when installing the v1.0 version of the mod. Wherever you specify for the mod to install, it always appends "Total Classics '98" to the end of the path. As you said, you can remove the unwanted bit. You just have to remember to double check your install path name before clicking the Install button.

True. I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert with installation packages because it's my first time using them, and mistakes have been made. Despite all the issues I have with the mod and that, I consider this to be a valuable learning experience and in the future these mistakes will be avoided.

Andy, for the end product you've already produced, you could not do another thing to the '98 mod and it would still be a fantastic mod. All the rest is just touching up an already great product. You've done a great job, man.

True. I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert with installation packages because it's my first time using them, and mistakes have been made. Despite all the issues I have with the mod and that, I consider this to be a valuable learning experience and in the future these mistakes will be avoided.

Andy, for the end product you've already produced, you could not do another thing to the '98 mod and it would still be a fantastic mod. All the rest is just touching up an already great product. You've done a great job, man.

Mark said it perfectly, Andy. You did a FANTASTIC job!

Thanks so much man. I was almost terrified that it would have been shot down by everyone here, and as a noob to Total Conversion Modding and only doing a bit of general modding here and there (complete team package/cyberface on NBA Live 07 & Cricket 2008, FIFA Jerseys, Madden 06 Rosters; I think that's it), and to hear so much praise from everyone made the nine months of tough work more than worth it.

I like to think this has helped extend the life of this game a little bit further for the community.

Andy - I hope you didn't take my comments as criticism. I was just pointing out that what you mentioned about the installation path for the patch was not specific to just the patch. I'll echo what others have said -- You did a fantastic job with this mod and your efforts are definitely appreciated. :good:

Thanks Jim,

Do I run the exe from the 98 directory or can

I extract it anywhere and run from wherever?

DC

I wouldn't necessarily extract the .exe file to the '98 directory. I would suggest you extract it someplace else and then run it from there. When you run it, it will ask you where you want it installed. Make sure you select the directory where you installed the v1.0 version of TC1998.

Andy - I hope you didn't take my comments as criticism. I was just pointing out that what you mentioned about the installation path for the patch was not specific to just the patch. I'll echo what others have said -- You did a fantastic job with this mod and your efforts are definitely appreciated. :good:

Nah I didn't take it as criticism at all, it just have me the chance to explain my background and why mistakes were made. It's all good :). And thanks again for the kind words :drinks:

Ok I don't know if this is an issue on my end, but I was playing a game with the Cardinals and Royals at Kauffman - When I used the Cardinals earlier in a game vs Houston, it didn't crash; when I used the Royals at a game vs the Braves, it didn't crash; when I chose the Devil Rays to play the Twins AT Kauffmann, it didn't crash; yet when I tried the STL vs KC game at Kauffmann, it crashed - I don't know if this is an issue on my end or not. I have a very strong graphics card so I don't think it's an overload...has anyone else had this issue or could they try to simulate this issue?

Archived