Total Classics '98 Patch

andy82

Thanks so much man. I was almost terrified that it would have been shot down by everyone here, and as a noob to Total Conversion Modding and only doing a bit of general modding here and there (complete team package/cyberface on NBA Live 07 & Cricket 2008, FIFA Jerseys, Madden 06 Rosters; I think that's it), and to hear so much praise from everyone made the nine months of tough work more than worth it.

I like to think this has helped extend the life of this game a little bit further for the community.

It definitely has, and long may it continue to do so. I haven't even downloaded it yet as I'm away from home, but it's on my to-do list as soon as I get back to an internet connection that has my name on the bills. :)

Thanks again man.

Ok I don't know if this is an issue on my end, but I was playing a game with the Cardinals and Royals at Kauffman - When I used the Cardinals earlier in a game vs Houston, it didn't crash; when I used the Royals at a game vs the Braves, it didn't crash; when I chose the Devil Rays to play the Twins AT Kauffmann, it didn't crash; yet when I tried the STL vs KC game at Kauffmann, it crashed - I don't know if this is an issue on my end or not. I have a very strong graphics card so I don't think it's an overload...has anyone else had this issue or could they try to simulate this issue?

It's an issue with the Home Uniform. Basically needs to be recompressed.

Ok I tried Arizona @ KC with road unis on KC and it still crashes...so it's not a uni - and it's not a face issue since it would crash with any game that involves KC...I'm stumped on this one haha

Let me try loading another Kauffman and seeing if its somehow a stadium mistake...I will report back with info

UPDATE - Ok I loaded MVP 05's original stadiums and both night and day crash...grr - I have MVP 80 and 90's so let me try those stadiums

UPDATE 2 - Ok so those stadiums crash so it's not the stadium fault...something with the Royals...

UPDATE 3 - Interesting turn of events, I tried to play St Louis as away team and KC as home team and they play in Busch Stadium - CRASH! I'm investigating further

Last Update (I promise) - The issue is Kansas City cannot be the home team on any stadium vs any team - they work fine if KC is an away team and they play at Kauffman...I don't know what would cause this, but that seems to be the issue

Have you looked at the Kansas City Roster to see if it is always the same when the game crashes? For example, the roster may be different (e.g. different DH) when facing a left handed pitcher vs. a right handed pitcher. It could be one player in the roster causing the crash because of a missing cyberface, but the player only appears in the roster in certain situations. When you are doing your testing are you always facing a left handed pitcher or always facing a right handed pitcher? Are you always playing with (or without) the DH?

UPDATE: Here's one problem that will cause a crash -- I just imported the TC1998 rosters into MVPEdit and checked the faces on all of the players. Ricky Bones is assigned face ID #79, however, MVPEdit cannot find the face.

I then opened up the models.big file with EAGraph and the three files for face #79 (c079.fsh, c079.ord, c079.orl) ARE in the models.big file, however, when I click on the c079.fsh file, I don't see anything. For any other face file, if I click on the .fsh file, it displays the face.

actually guys, the crash you're describing is a cyberface issue. it's ricky bones. just install this and it should fix it. looks like it wasn't compressed correctly or something. you should try to use Tit to install this. it installs it automatically and no worries about this type of thing.

Desktop.rar

sure does :)

andy,

here's a helpful hint for the day if you think a cyberface is the problem: first check mvpedit to make sure your 04/05 styles are assigned properly. if not, open the game and go to the player edit screen for the team you think is crashing. pull up them up to edit one player at a time. the one that crashes is your culprit. it doesn't get easier than that.

sure does :)

andy,

here's a helpful hint for the day if you think a cyberface is the problem: first check mvpedit to make sure your 04/05 styles are assigned properly. if not, open the game and go to the player edit screen for the team you think is crashing. pull up them up to edit one player at a time. the one that crashes is your culprit. it doesn't get easier than that.

I had done that but I must of missed him out. My fault for being sloppy.

• 3 weeks later...

The game will crash if you use the Oakland A's. This is because the face for third baseman Mike Blowers (face #804) is not in the models.big file.

It is, it just needs compressing.

It is, it just needs compressing.

That's strange. I just opened up the models.big file (dated 1/14/2010) and I can see the c803 files (.fsh, .orl, .ord), followed by the c805 files. There are no c804 files in my copy of models.big.

Archived