Mlb2K10 Roster Editor

tywiggins

Has anyone used this yet and has it worked ingame afterward? I took a clean roster and made a couple changes using the program and it crashed. Changed a players name and moved personnel around so I had 25 man teams and full lineups. When I try to play franchise mode or my player mode it crashes to desktop.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ty, I feel so stupid right now. I appreciate you adding the birthdate deal. I think that will help when trying to add the real players in the game. I have one more for you if you can do it. Whats the chance of adding the number of hitters and pitchers minus personel on the dl to the teams listings so we dont physically have to count the number of players on a team that will show the AAA and AA affiliates along with it. Right now Bacon has a nice roster done but there is a problem with it and I think it might be that hes got players on the dl so there arent enough players to fill slots. I'm going through them 1 by one and having a box that shows the number of hitters and pitchers would help alot.

Good suggestions. I added the counts to the team page.

I'm not sure how to show the minor league affiliates. I'll look into it.

Has anyone used this yet and has it worked ingame afterward? I took a clean roster and made a couple changes using the program and it crashed. Changed a players name and moved personnel around so I had 25 man teams and full lineups. When I try to play franchise mode or my player mode it crashes to desktop.

Did you put anyone on the DL?

Players that are put on the DL with my program will cause the game to crash when the game takes them off the DL.

Is that what you mean?

yes when i put them on the dl with your program then when the time is up on the dl the game wont take them off the dl and the game crashes

Good suggestions. I added the counts to the team page.

I'm not sure how to show the minor league affiliates. I'll look into it.

Great thanks. this will be a gem again this year. I hate going through the rosters in the game. It is 1000 times better than last year though. Oh and is there a certain way to do the DL with this editor or is it the same as the 2k9 editor? I put a guy on the DL and gave him inj type 1 with 15 days DL and 15 days remaining and the game crashed on me. I dont really know what the types are so I just chose 1.

Edited by emcnally

Hi again Ty;

I made some changes to a roster in game and it the game started crashing when trying to go into create My Player. So I loaded the roster in your roster editor. When I clicked on the team I had made the changes in I got this error message.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '3815' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at MLB2K10RosterEditor.Form1.teameditorbox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

MLB2K10 Roster Editor

Assembly Version: 1.0.3750.32475

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

msvcm90

Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4148

Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4148

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_x-ww_d495ac4e/msvcm90.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi again Ty;

I made some changes to a roster in game and it the game started crashing when trying to go into create My Player. So I loaded the roster in your roster editor. When I clicked on the team I had made the changes in I got this error message.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '3815' is not valid for 'index'.

Hmm. The index should be in the 0-3807 range.

3808-4050 I'm guessing are bullpen catchers and batboys. (Their is no easy way to test this out)

I've never seen them on the active roster.

I have found a problem, dont know with what but heres what has happened.

I went back thru and made changes again, everything qorked fine. Then I downloaded the DNA for Austin Jackson and went back to the editor. Now he shows up twice player 3757 and 3758. He wasnt in the game until I downloaded the DNA profile. Now I get the error again. I think maybe its a problem with either the DNA profile I downloaded or the game excepting it properly. So may error definately came from the DNA profile and its not in your program cuz it didnt start giving me that error again until I downloaded that DNA file.

version 0.23 done. Click on my signature, then click on the download page.

new since version 0.22:

1. Hitting/Fielding/Pitching Abilities

2. Hitting/Baserunning/Pitching Tendencies

3. Pitch Types/speed/movement/control/tendencies

4. Batting Stance, Custom Batting Stance, Pitcher Delivery, Custom Pitcher Delivery

5. You can now search by player's birthday. mmdd or mmddyyyy Example: Type 0412 into the search box and press Enter. Any player born on April 12th will show up in the results. Example 2: Type 04121980 into the search box and press Enter. Any player born on April 12th 1980 will show up in the results.

6. player counts added to the team page.

changes/fixes:

1. When you click the Download link in the editor, it now asks you if you want to download the latest updatelist.txt.

2. Pitching Role has been disabled on the player page.

3. Pitching role is now changed to LR when you put a player on the DL or assign the player to a new team.

4. You can't put a free agent on the DL.

5. Fixed the problem with the LHP DH spot on the team page.

6. Added the players main position in parenthesis on the team tab. (In the list of hitters and in the lineups)

I think that's it.

t/y for all ur hard work on this,i like how u have it set up so far especially on the team tabs where it shows the positions of each player because i like to set up my rosters to where at the end of the season all players will have stats,and the way u have it now makes it easier to put in the bench players without having to click on each player just to see what positions they play

Awesome Ty, thanks so much. Now I just have to wait till the end of the month so I can pay for it. Just so ya know the DNA problem with a downloaded player showing twice and crashing the game is a game problem. At least thats what Ron told me. He said its being worked on.

I downloaded the roster editor to try it out. I went in and setup my lineups for the RHP, LHP, RHP-DH, LHP-DH then saved. Now ingame all my portraits for players are gone and at the start of the end of the 1st inning the game crashes to the desktop every time. Is there a way to revert back to default/undo what roster editor messed up?

1. I tried putting the backup Franchise file back into the saved folder and deleting the current saved franchise file. This did not work.

Edited by AUY2K

I downloaded the roster editor to try it out. I went in and setup my lineups for the RHP, LHP, RHP-DH, LHP-DH then saved. Now ingame all my portraits for players are gone and at the start of the end of the 1st inning the game crashes to the desktop every time. Is there a way to revert back to default/undo what roster editor messed up?

1. I tried putting the backup Franchise file back into the saved folder and deleting the current saved franchise file. This did not work.

I made a bunch of changes to my lineup and it worked fine. Did you make your changes to a roster or franchise file? Were you trying to play My Player or franchise?

Edited by emcnally

Any solution to the issues I am having after setting up lineups within your editor Ty? I cannot move forward with my franchise due to: CTD after the 1st inning, no player portraits. I would be thrilled to purchase the editor, but as of right now this is a huge bug that has so far ruined my experience and wish I had never have tried the demo.

Thanks for any help/assistance.

Any solution to the issues I am having after setting up lineups within your editor Ty? I cannot move forward with my franchise due to: CTD after the 1st inning, no player portraits. I would be thrilled to purchase the editor, but as of right now this is a huge bug that has so far ruined my experience and wish I had never have tried the demo.

Thanks for any help/assistance.

Did you use the "Import List" function in the editor? This changes all of the portrait numbers to a different numbering system. This is only required if you're using the new portraits from mlbmods.com

I have no idea why you're getting a crash after the first inning. If you want to load one of the backup files created with my program, you need to remove the .bak_date_time from the file name and copy it to your Saves folder.

Ty, thank you for your reply.

I must have used the import function - I cannot figure out what else it could be. Is there a way to undo the changes and reset those numbers back to default?

If I can figure out how I screwed things up and learn not to do it again I will definitely be purchasing your editor.

Thanks again.

PS. I have been deleting the .bak portion of the backup files when using these in order to try and troubleshoot this issue.

Edited by AUY2K

Ty, thank you for your reply.

I must have used the import function - I cannot figure out what else it could be. Is there a way to undo the changes and reset those numbers back to default?

If I can figure out how I screwed things up and learn not to do it again I will definitely be purchasing your editor.

Thanks again.

PS. I have been deleting the .bak portion of the backup files when using these in order to try and troubleshoot this issue.

Have you found a backup that works?

If you want to reverse the portrait renumbering, replace your updatelist.txt with this one: http://tywiggins.mlbmods.com/downloads/temp/updatelist.txt

And do the "Import List" function again.

ty there is a problem in the editor under throwing acc it is stuck on 25 on the 24 version

Thank you. I just confirmed this. It's on version .23 and .24.

It is writing the value correctly, but I forgot to read the value. So if you've edited a player without changing the Throwing Accuracy, it will get set to whatever the throwing accuracy is in the editor.

I'll have a new version out soon that fixes this.