Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the tutorial bama
you're welcome.

And Fastflink, to stroke text (i'm guessing you want outlines) in the GIMP, type the text (use anti-aliasing). Anchor the text layer to a transparent layer. Now, use the wand (make sure you select "ADD TO THE CURRENT SELECTION") select each letter. Then click Select>inverse. Now, click Edit>Stroke Selection. Choose your options and then hit OK. Now you've got outlines around the text, and probably the layer. You can use the eraser to clean up the border around the layer if desired.

It looks way better than the other one. Overall 8.5/10.

Yeah, I would change the font now but I forgot to save it as a .psd file. I only have it as a .png so I guess thats as good as it will get.

I'm currently open for requests now if anyone wants one.

I just made this sig in about twenty minutes, but since I have to go row, I figured I'd submit it to y'all so I could get some feedback. Theres still some stuff I need to do, and I'm still not fully used to in PhotoShop, so take that into consideration.

ryan-church-sig.gif

Thanks!

Felt like making something, and Jr. made his first major league start last night, so to commemorate:

princejrsigqb3.png

Nate, if you're using a font like you did for the "Ryan Church" text, it needs to be smaller. If it's Visitor, it has to be size 13.

make a 3x3 square. Make it transparent. Now fill in the top left, middle, and bottom right pixels with black. Save it as a pattern file. Now you can use it as a pattern.

Here's a quick crash course on how to add borders to a sig. If you have any questions or want a step by step picture guide, let me know.

First, start out with your image.

Next, decide what you want your border to be on top of, and what you want your border to be below. Create a new transparent layer where you want the border.

Click Select>All

Now Click Edit>Stroke Selection

Now select your options, the colour of the border (note, the color must be selected and chosen as either the foreground or the background. To make a broken line, for example, select the width of the border, line, and the pattern of the line, or, if you have a pattern you would like to use (AKA 3x3 Dots on a 9x9 canvas) you can select that pattern and use that.

Hope this helped...

Here's a quick crash course on how to add borders to a sig. If you have any questions or want a step by step picture guide, let me know.

First, start out with your image.

Next, decide what you want your border to be on top of, and what you want your border to be below. Create a new transparent layer where you want the border.

Click Select>All

Now Click Edit>Stroke Selection

Now select your options, the colour of the border (note, the color must be selected and chosen as either the foreground or the background. To make a broken line, for example, select the width of the border, line, and the pattern of the line, or, if you have a pattern you would like to use (AKA 3x3 Dots on a 9x9 canvas) you can select that pattern and use that.

Hope this helped...

Do u know to put like little blocks ontop of the sigs and avys like Filthy does in GIMP?

hey guys. I have just finished my third creation on GIMP and also have created my first avator on GIMP. I was so pleased with them that i have made them my own avator and signature. Fill free to comment. I see these as my best work. I can't think Bama enough for helping me figure GIMP out. thanks again.