Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, ask all the questions you want... we are happy to help, but you're much more likely to get a more helpful response if you're patient, polite, and type in understandable english/grammar... did you figure it out yet?

Look who's talking.

here you go tigers, i dont really know any better way of explaining it, so i copied bama's tutorial again for you at the relevant part... this is after you use the scissors to select him.. you have to create a new image and copy the selected part... try re-reading it again and see if it makes any more sense now... also, im not a gimp user so im sort of at a disadvantage here... but since friedman is wasting his time "owning" me instead of helping, theres not much i can do if bama's not around...

Now cut or copy the selection (Ctrl+X or Ctrl+C)

Now, click file, new, you will see a dialog box. View all the options and select a transparent background. Do not worry about the size, GIMP will automatically generate the correct size:

Now paste your image:

Next, click Layer and select "Anchor Layer'' to make your image 1 layer.

Ok, Tigers, I will make you an offer...because i'm getting really busy...so, i'll offer you 2 things, take whichever one you want.

1. If you have AIM, I will work with you, step-by-step and we'll make a basic sig. BUT, WE DO IT ON MY TIME.

2. Give me a week or so, and I'll try to make a somewhat good full signature tutorial and post it here. I'm not the best at making sigs (i like artistic talent) but I know the basics of how to make them.

Let me know

Thanks,I'M SORRY EVERYONE FOR ALL THE PAIN(AND HEADACHES)I PUT YOU GUYS THROUGH,YOU ROCK!(ESPECIALLY BAMA AND JHATH!)

I don't know how to make stuff see-through,so they will suck,but oh well!

Also,will anyone suggest a sig for me to do?(a random one)I don't expect you to use it I just don't want to end up doing all Tigers ones

i dont know what the heck your talking about, but okay. I dont know what the heck i did to you friedman, but you always have it out for me...

Whoa, now hold up! What do you mean by "I always have it out for you?" I just didn't like the fact that you were being hypocritical. You talk about correct grammer, yet you don't begin your sentences with capital letters.

please read posts first... i said UNDERSTANDABLE grammar. i choose not to capitalize and punctuate by the book, but i do so in a manner that it does not detract from the meaning of my posts. if you look back at tigers' recent posts, you'll find that they have frequently had run ons, lacked spaces, or crazy typos.... im not being critical, but its just hard to understand what he's saying and what he needs clarification on, and if you want help, i cant help you if i dont understand you... does that make sense friedman?

tigers, again, im not familiar with gimp, but maybe you could search gimp's help section for the term "opacity". In photoshop there is both a "fill" percentage and an "opacity" percentage... i believe that opacity is a standard term... just try it.. also, you may want to look into adding a simple border (1-2 pix, black) to your sigs... that term is usually "stroke". a simple border reallly adds a lot... just search those terms in the help section

whoops sorry for not clarifying.. opacity is what makes it "see through"... do you know how to get to the help section... if you open gimp, theres probably a drop down menu that says help... click on that... see whats there, look for like an index, table of contents or somethin.. and then search those terms