Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be the worst at choosing a text.

On a side note, the only way I can add a new text in PS is if I have the .tff open in the background. I can put the file in the /fonts folder under C:WIndows, but it doesn't show up in PS. Anybody know how to make them show up?

Try a restart? Also...if you're moving the ttfs from a zip file, you'll have to extract it to your desktop or something first, then move them to the font folder. In my experiences, they don't install if you extract straight to the Fonts folder.

does ANYONE know how to resize a pasted image in gimp. i've tried my hardest, but i just don't know how to do it, so there's the corner tools and i can resize it like that. or even just resizing that pasted image in a size adjusting "dialog" or whatever. because i've been having to resize pics in a cheap photo-editing program, and it doesn't carry over transarency. anyone know? THANK YOU.

would somebody be up for making me a nomar signature?
i'll take on the challenge for you. please be patient. and i'm not going to be hurt if you don't want to use it. i've been experimenting lately, so i'll try my best... :)

i'll take on the challenge for you. please be patient. and i'm not going to be hurt if you don't want to use it. i've been experimenting lately, so i'll try my best... :)

excellent. i am very much appreciative.

if i can say... i am a red sox fan and not really a dodger fan. nomar's the reason i like the sox, so if it's possible, i'd like it to be boston themed.

errr... is it ok if it's dodger-themed? only the caption for it reads something pretaining to the redsox like "once a red sock always a red sock" or something like that. because i've already started it...

does ANYONE know how to resize a pasted image in gimp. i've tried my hardest, but i just don't know how to do it, so there's the corner tools and i can resize it like that. or even just resizing that pasted image in a size adjusting "dialog" or whatever. because i've been having to resize pics in a cheap photo-editing program, and it doesn't carry over transarency. anyone know? THANK YOU.

I've discussed this in my tutorial, I think...but if not..

When you paste a new image, it's pasted as a floating layer, which, as I see it (though I'm no GIMP geek) is pretty worthless. So when you paste it, either click Layer>Anchor Layer to make it part of the bottom layer (usually not a good idea, especially if you want to scale it) or click Layer>New Layer to make it it's own layer. Then, get the scale tool out (Ctrl+T i think is the key bind) and go from there.

Hmm, thanks Bama, I bet that's the problem.

EDIT: Nope, that wasn't it. I'll keep looking.

It sounds to me like you're simply copying & pasting the .ttf file into your fonts folder, when you need to install it. Go to Control Panel>Fonts (or however else you get there), and go to File>Install New and find the file to install the font and be able to use the font on in anything (PS, Word, etc.)

errr... is it ok if it's dodger-themed? only the caption for it reads something pretaining to the redsox like "once a red sock always a red sock" or something like that. because i've already started it...

yes, i don't mind. i just don't want you putting dodger signs all over it.

It sounds to me like you're simply copying & pasting the .ttf file into your fonts folder, when you need to install it. Go to Control Panel>Fonts (or however else you get there), and go to File>Install New and find the file to install the font and be able to use the font on in anything (PS, Word, etc.)

There's not even an option to "Install New" in that folder.

bama (or anyone) do you know the answer to this? how do you make an image kind of semi-transparent? i don't see anything like that on gimp... thanks!

Actually, there is...and a few ways to do it either.

You can either change the layer mode (see my GIMP tutorial for examples)...or lower the opacity slider (also in my GIMP tutorial, i'm pretty sure)

In the Fonts folder? What does it say under File, then? You're going to the folder called Fonts with all the fonts in the Control Panel (or C://WINDOWS)? Click on File, and it should have every other option greyed out except "Install New Font" and "Close." Otherwise, I think you're in the wrong folder.