Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice sig tiger! And ron, I suggest making the shadow on ichiro, at least the left one, a bit larger, the text in the middle more readable, and maybe add some sort of icon or imagery, like a seattle logo or something. Though it is one of your best sigs so far, I like it.

My very first attempt at a sig is below (Just finished it). Any advice on improvements, etc. are welcome! I used Photoshop and I can't quite get the cutout right. There's got to be a better way! Anyway, I think I'll d'load GIMP and use that instead. It looks pretty straight forward.

Thanks for all the ideas and tips this thread has provided.

Go Stros!

abc006 - tried to blend in the puma better, but didn't want it to get lost in the background pic. Moved some things around. Added white glow around cutout, but couldn't get any other color that might have blended in the edges better to look right. Thanks for the tips!

Try fusing the puma image more in with the background image and the actual background. Also, try putting a slight white or red drop shadow around the cut outs so that it seems more smooth, in addition to making it stand out more.

Also, if you have photoshop, I suggest staying with it for now. I've never used PS, only gimp, but I hear that PS is a lot more beginner and user friendly. Also, PS basically does everything gimp does, only with one less step, with the exception of a few stuff.