Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who makes sigs ... how do you go about making your background for your sigs...this is what im mainly stuck on and could use some help

im using photoshop cs. anyones help would be good. Also if you use special brushes which ones and where would i get them

Thanks

deviantart.com is a good place to get brushes - to create backgrounds I use a combination of gradients, plasma renders, and brushes. Try looking at a tutorial or something and see how various people make backgrounds - there's no one specific way.

Nice job fred. Does that say Legendary? It's tough to read.

lol yeah it does, the hardest part of that sig was finding a font that worked. I', still not sure about it.

This is my first attempt at a sig. Could i get some constuctive critism.

I know the background and text is bad. If people could help me with the background it would be appreciated.

i know i can get text off dafonts.com but then how do i use them

This is my first attempt at a sig. Could i get some constuctive critism.

I know the background and text is bad. If people could help me with the background it would be appreciated.

i know i can get text off dafonts.com but then how do i use them

also how do i use the c4d brushes i d/l from deviantart.com

I have a request.....I hope its not too big of a favor to ask.....

I was wondering if I could get a highlander sig and avatar made, one with Adrian Paul (Duncan Mcleod) maybe with that famous quote "In The End, There Can be Only One....."

Thanks for all your help, you guys are an awesome community and do awesome work.

also, I'm trying to put a sig image in my sig now....but it's not showing up, I do know html, but maybe I'm doing something wrong, are their also only certain images you can use as sigs?, how can I get my sig to load up properly?

How does KC do his backgrounds....they are amazing...hey ANYONE, if you have a tutorial on how you do your backgrounds, I would definitely like to get a hold of it....any chance you could PM me with some tips?

ok maybe a tough question to answer...

I am new to making sigs(not very good) and i was wondering how i would take a pic so the entire person would fit in the 400x100 box.. like if the person is too big i can only get what fits in the box.

im wondering how i can resize the image w/o making look all crappy

Defenitely Improvement - now try sprucing that one up. Try duplicating the layer with the Griffey pic. Then set the newly duplicated layer (the top one) as "Overlay". This creates a more textured feel. Try another little trick that I like to do with things like backgrounds: Duplicate the background layer. Pixel Blur the duplicated layer, and then sharpen it to make it look kind of like a mosaic. Then, set that layer as overlay. Also, try moving the "Reds" text a bit to the left so it's easy to see, but still is slightly behind Junior.

Btw, are you using photoshop or gimp? (Or neither?)