Sigs

LetsGoOakland

Umm...spelling wrigleyville33 right in the corner would be a start ;)

Just kidding brother....

Better than my first sig....Try to learn how to create your own backgrounds and whatnot...

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I would like to request a sig for my CAP dynasty.

It would feature the text

"Home Grown Talent-A Tampa Bay Devil Rays CAP Dynasty"

with pics of the Tampa Bay logo and possibly a pic of Tropicana field.

Thanks in advance.

Rambo

Ok, this has to be one of the worst and most over saturated sigs I've ever done. But, if you like it take it.

hgtvg4.jpg

holy cow!!! i missed spelled my own name!!! well anyway i found a thread on this site and it talks about how to improve all of your sigs but my problem is... it makes no since to me at all. and i really dont get the lighting stuff either....

Better backgrounds.

:wtf: how is that going to help him? As for some tips, some types of backgrounds are made by brushes. Most people fill in black on their first layer, brush in white(on a new layer), and then color it.(Many ways to color, easiest is to make a new layer and fill in the color you want, then set it on overlay or softlight). Lighting is usually just taking a soft brush and brushing white on like the players head for example.(Like with a 100-200pixel brush)And then if it doesn't still out too much, you can just leave it, but if it does, set it on overlay,softlight,color dodge,or linear dodge and you can lower the opacities.

If you need anymore help, ask me here, or hit me up on aim, my screename is DTigers94.

okay im i just go finished with my 2nd sig and my background improved a ton "i think" and my font is bad... i wish i could make it look like his autograph, that would be really cool... well here you go, by the way, Tigers94, youve been a huge help!!!

secondsignaturema0.png

okay thanks for the comments on my work, i added the blurrness to attempt to add some detail to it... that didnt work and as for the backgrounds, i downloaded a couple of brushes and i really like them its just i need to use 3 or 4 at a time, on the soriano one, i just used two... but i think my sigs are improving the more i do them...

always open for tips :)

okay i just finished another one... my 3rd and i think it is my best one yet compared to my other ones ^^. the once i just made is a wayne rooney sig...

Its very good. I love the background, especially Old Trafford there. I suggest using a different font, and maybe putting a stroke or glow around the text.

Amazing sigs, FF.

Wrigleyville33, try this on your renders (cutouts of players). Excuse any typing mistakes; I'm still laying in bed as I type this. Duplicate the layer the render is on and give it a Gaussian Blur (Filter>Gaussian Blur) between 5 and 10. Set that layer to either Overlay, Soft Light, Linear Dodge, or Color Dodge. The last two might need to have the opacity lowered as they get too bright. You can also substitute a Motion Blur for the Gaussian Blur.

In case you're interested, I went back and dug up two of my tutorials...

Abstract Sig Tutorial

Another sig tutorial

Is anyone interested in a small sig comp before the end of August? Perhaps we'll finish this one?

-dan

It looks like he duplicated the layer and lowered the opacity

Not quite. It is a duplicate, just larger. Theres two of that layer. I set a colour filter with one and a luminosity filter with the other, with about 50% opacity. Thats what gives it that rusty, transparent look.