Uniform Select Screen Help

dennisjames71

Hey All,

I have been recently been making my own uniforms for use in the game and all of that is working great. I'm running into problems trying to get the new Uniform Select images into the game. I have read through the tutorials and I had made a 128x128 24-bit BMP image of the uniform. I tried to import them through EAGRAPH with no luck and then I tried to ZIP the BMP, the uniform.fsh, and the font.fsh and install it with TiT with no luck either. Could someone let me know the proper steps? I'm used to importing through EAGRAPH with success but this issue has me stuck for some reason.

Thanks,

Dennis

The tools I use are EAGraph, nfshtool, and a text editor.

1. Using EAGraph, extract the .fsh file you want to change from the data \ frontend \ uniforms.big file. For example, if you want to change the screens for the Anaheim Angels, you would extract the 000.fsh file, since that file contains all of the Anaheim uniform select screens.

2. Go to the folder where you extracted 000.fsh, right click on the file, select "Open with" and then select nfshtool. If nfshtool is not shown as an option, click on "Choose program..." and then find nfshtool.

3. When nfshtool runs, it will create a 000 folder. Inside the 0000 folder you will find a number of .bmp files (2 for each uniform - e.g. 0000.bmp, 0000-a.bmp, 0001.bmp, 0001-a.bmp, etc.) and an index.fsh file. The index.fsh file contains the mapping of .bmp files to the specific uniform select screen. For example, if you up index.fsh with a text editor and you will see information like the following (my comments are in red):

000a 0000.BMP <- 0000.bmp corresponds to the uniform in slot A

BMP 7D +2 128 128 {0 0 0 0}

alpha 0000-a.BMP

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

EAGL64%20metal%20bin%20attachment%20for%20runtime%20texture%20management

ETXT 70 000a

000b 0001.BMP <- 0001.bmp corresponds to the uniform in slot B

alpha 0001-a.BMP

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

ETXT 70 000b

Note that these mappings are not always the same. For example, one team might map 0002.bmp to the uniform in slot A.

4. Open your new bitmap file and save it to whatever image you want to overwrite. For example, if you are replacing the Anaheim uniform in slot A, save your .bmp file as 000 \ 0000.bmp. This will overwrite the 0000.bmp file in the 000 folder. Repeat this process for all of the Anaheim uniform select images you want to update.

5. Go back to the 000 folder. Right click on the index.fsh file and select "Open with nfshtool". This will rebuild the 000.fsh file (using the images you just added) and put it in the folder above the 000 folder (i.e. where you extracted 000.fsh in the first place).

6. Import the updated 000.fsh into the uniforms.big file using the Import tool in EAGraph. You can get to this by clicking on Tools -> Import Wizard, checking the "Add files to an external TAR archive" and then selecting the Next button.

7. In the right window, click "Add", find your 000.fsh file, select it, click "Open" and then "Next". Your new stadium select screen will be added.

8. Close EAGraph and start up the game. The new uniform images for Anaheim will now appear in the game.

Hello Jim825,

I greatly appreciate all the steps you listed and I feel I’m on my way to solving this issue. I see that I am hung up in Step #3. When I extract the 000.fsh file using nfshtool…I do not get a 000 folder extracted. What I get is a 000.BIN file instead and I am unable to open it properly to access the bmp files that I need to. Would you have any suggestions on opening this file or what extension to change it to; in order to “make it” a folder? Thanks for all of your help.

Dennis

The tools I use are EAGraph, nfshtool, and a text editor.

1. Using EAGraph, extract the .fsh file you want to change from the data \ frontend \ uniforms.big file. For example, if you want to change the screens for the Anaheim Angels, you would extract the 000.fsh file, since that file contains all of the Anaheim uniform select screens.

2. Go to the folder where you extracted 000.fsh, right click on the file, select "Open with" and then select nfshtool. If nfshtool is not shown as an option, click on "Choose program..." and then find nfshtool.

3. When nfshtool runs, it will create a 000 folder. Inside the 0000 folder you will find a number of .bmp files (2 for each uniform - e.g. 0000.bmp, 0000-a.bmp, 0001.bmp, 0001-a.bmp, etc.) and an index.fsh file. The index.fsh file contains the mapping of .bmp files to the specific uniform select screen. For example, if you up index.fsh with a text editor and you will see information like the following (my comments are in red):

000a 0000.BMP <- 0000.bmp corresponds to the uniform in slot A

alpha 0000-a.BMP

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

ETXT 70 000a

000b 0001.BMP <- 0001.bmp corresponds to the uniform in slot B

alpha 0001-a.BMP

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

ETXT 70 000b

Note that these mappings are not always the same. For example, one team might map 0002.bmp to the uniform in slot A.

4. Open your new bitmap file and save it to whatever image you want to overwrite. For example, if you are replacing the Anaheim uniform in slot A, save your .bmp file as 000 \ 0000.bmp. This will overwrite the 0000.bmp file in the 000 folder. Repeat this process for all of the Anaheim uniform select images you want to update.

5. Go back to the 000 folder. Right click on the index.fsh file and select "Open with nfshtool". This will rebuild the 000.fsh file (using the images you just added) and put it in the folder above the 000 folder (i.e. where you extracted 000.fsh in the first place).

6. Import the updated 000.fsh into the uniforms.big file using the Import tool in EAGraph. You can get to this by clicking on Tools -> Import Wizard, checking the "Add files to an external TAR archive" and then selecting the Next button.

7. In the right window, click "Add", find your 000.fsh file, select it, click "Open" and then "Next". Your new stadium select screen will be added.

8. Close EAGraph and start up the game. The new uniform images for Anaheim will now appear in the game.

I'm guessing that you extracted the wrong file with EAGraph. For example, as a test, I extracted the 000a.fsh file with EAGraph and then when I opened the file with nfshtool, it created a 000a folder which contained only two files - 0000.bin and index.fsh. This sounds similar to what you see.

You want to make sure that the file you extact with EAGraph does not have any letter on it. It should only be 3 digits followed by ".fsh". For example - 000.fsh, 001.fsh, 005.fsh, etc.

Let me know exactly which .fsh file you extracted with EAGraph so that I know you are starting the process correctly.

i would concur with jim's assessment. if you're opening up the uniforms.big in EAGraph, just click on the file. if you don't see a texture in there, you're extracting the wrong file.

by the way, as far as Tit goes, you need to make sure the bmp's are saved right. it doesn't work if the extension is in caps. make sure it says .bmp and not .BMP. otherwise, all you need is the bmp zipped up to install into the uniforms.big file.

Jim825 and Homer,

Thanks for all of your tips guys. Yeah, I discovered that I was extracting the 008e.fsh file instead of the 008.fsh file...Made all the difference in the world. Now I see all of the BMPs and hope to have "Mission Accomplished" when I'm done a little later. Thanks a ton for getting back so quickly. This is the best website for baseball games period.

Dennis

I'm guessing that you extracted the wrong file with EAGraph. For example, as a test, I extracted the 000a.fsh file with EAGraph and then when I opened the file with nfshtool, it created a 000a folder which contained only two files - 0000.bin and index.fsh. This sounds similar to what you see.

You want to make sure that the file you extact with EAGraph does not have any letter on it. It should only be 3 digits followed by ".fsh". For example - 000.fsh, 001.fsh, 005.fsh, etc.

Let me know exactly which .fsh file you extracted with EAGraph so that I know you are starting the process correctly.

Hey Homer,

Lol! Well I'm definitely a novice but I when I get some of these guys completed in the next few days...I will be happy to share with everyone. These are what I'm working on at the moment...

no problem. are you doing this to install uni's or do we have a future modder on our hands?

Sorry...this attached file is smaller and more manageable...

Hey Homer,

Lol! Well I'm definitely a novice but I when I get some of these guys completed in the next few days...I will be happy to share with everyone. These are what I'm working on at the moment...

Sorry...this attached file is smaller and more manageable...

not a bad start. keep at 'em! be sure to see redsox' uniform tutorial too. there's some fantastic stuff in it.

Thanks, I definitely trying to learn all I can. Here's a better look at my Seattle ALT Road uni...nothing super special but I'm happy with it...

not a bad start. keep at 'em! be sure to see redsox' uniform tutorial too. there's some fantastic stuff in it.

And here's my ALT Tampa Bay Home uni for 2010. I need to darken the light blue a little after I saw the game yesterday when they wore these...

Thanks, I definitely trying to learn all I can. Here's a better look at my Seattle ALT Road uni...nothing super special but I'm happy with it...

not bad at all. actually that's very good for starters. believe me, you should have seen some of the things i did when i first started. you're already ahead of the game.

Hey Guys,

I ran into a snag with the Uniform Select Images...I made sure that the BMPs I used were 128x128, replaced them in the 008(Twins) Folder, re-packed them, and then re-imported them back into the game with EAGRAPH. I started the game, selected the Twins, and as soon as it heads to the Uniform Select portion; it crashes back to the desktop. Any suggestions...?

Dennis

Hello Jim825,

I greatly appreciate all the steps you listed and I feel I’m on my way to solving this issue. I see that I am hung up in Step #3. When I extract the 000.fsh file using nfshtool…I do not get a 000 folder extracted. What I get is a 000.BIN file instead and I am unable to open it properly to access the bmp files that I need to. Would you have any suggestions on opening this file or what extension to change it to; in order to “make it” a folder? Thanks for all of your help.

Dennis

Archived