Weird Dodger Stadium Issue

dennisjames71

Hey Guys,

I wondered if I could get your expertise concerning the MVP 08 version of Dodger Stadium. I have had no problem with updating/modding ads and other things with many of the other stadiums (like adding a new/updated sign in the outfield wall. When I tried to do this in the 08 Dodger stadium; I get the weird black band and blacked-out seats as you see in my screen shot.

I started from scratch from the original dodgday.big file and simply overlayed 1 new sign (via Photoshop)and then I get the strange graphics phenomena that you see below. Is there something unique with this particular stadium? I have had absolutely no problems with any of the other stadiums. I love this version of Dodger Stadium because it's so accurate and all I would like to do is update some of the ads/signs. Thanks in advance for any info...I could even upload my cram32.fsh file if need be.

Dennis

DodgerStadiumCOMBO.jpg

The reason why you are experiencing problems with this version of Dodger Stadium is because this is the only modded stadium created using Z MOD. Rolie made this some time back and from what I heard it is a tough thing to learn. That's why you are having a hard time with this Dodger Stadium that came with the 2008 mod.

The reason why you are experiencing problems with this version of Dodger Stadium is because this is the only modded stadium created using Z MOD. Rolie made this some time back and from what I heard it is a tough thing to learn. That's why you are having a hard time with this Dodger Stadium that came with the 2008 mod.

Now that is some good thinking. This one had me stumped.

Hey thanks for the info Y4L; that makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I always thought this stadium had something different about it. Don't get me wrong...it's a good different. To me, it's one of my all-time favorites. I've used Z-Mod for other projects; but I've never been able to get Oedit to work on my systems (Windows Vista and 7) in order to open up and extracted MVP stadiums. Consequently; I guess I won't be able to mod this guy. Again, thanks for the valuable information.

Actually, the reason I believe is that there wasn't a proper alpha file attached to the background hills in the cram32.fsh file. There are a couple of ways to put the files together, and if you use biggui primarily (as I believe rolie did), then the alpha is somehow disassociated with the main graphical file when it was modified. So, you may have to do a little alpha creation, which should all be in pirate's oedit tutorial.

Archived