Moving Or Removing Front Jersey Numbers?

dennisjames71

Hey Guys,

I've been working on the Pittsburgh Pirates new alternate uniforms and just ran into a problem with the numbers on the front of the jerseys. Could anyone let me know how to either move the numbers from the left to the right side of the uniform (where they belong) or to simply remove them (or not let them show up)? I've tried to utilize different font/index files from teams with no front jersey number (like the Braves and Giants) and then just plug in my yellow/Pirates letters and numbers; with no success. Thanks for any help.

Dennis

mvp20052010-06-0421-55-28-90.jpg

You have to use a blank font file to remove the numbers from the front. And in some cases, like the Dodgers for example, the front numbers are actually part of a separate font file that starts with the letter a in the models.big. Anyway, install the one attached and see if it works. You will have to rename the file according to the slot that you are installing it to - f023x.fsh

Blank Font File.7z

Hey redsox,

Thanks a bunch for sending that file. I did install it to the correct slot and it did remove the numbers from the front; but also the numbers/letters on the back. Is there anyway possible to have the best of both worlds? I also looked for the addition font files that start with an "A" in the Models.big file and did not find one linked to the Pirates unis (u023).

You have to use a blank font file to remove the numbers from the front. And in some cases, like the Dodgers for example, the front numbers are actually part of a separate font file that starts with the letter a in the models.big. Anyway, install the one attached and see if it works. You will have to rename the file according to the slot that you are installing it to - f023x.fsh

If you want just the letters to show up then you would need to blank out the alpha images for the numbers inside the font file. The separate font file for the numbers on the front of jersey are only available for select teams and Pittsburgh is not one of them.

take a look at this spreadsheet: http://mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/mvp-tutorials/uniform-slots

it tells you which slots have which font files and where, as well as the location of the numbers. the numbers on the front can appear in two different files.

1. one is the "f" files. if they appear in these files, then using a blank font file or blacking out the alphas for the numbers will hide the numbers on the front and back.

2. the other place are those special "a" files, which only appear in a handful of team slots. if you blank out these files or black out the alphas, then they will hide the numbers on the front.

Thanks Homer. I downloaded the spreadsheet and discovered I can just move my ALT uniform into a slot (Slot E) that didn't have a front jersey number by default. That was extremely useful. Everything worked fine...I was able to retain the names/numbers on the back and got rid of the front numbers.

Dennis

take a look at this spreadsheet: http://mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/mvp-tutorials/uniform-slots

it tells you which slots have which font files and where, as well as the location of the numbers. the numbers on the front can appear in two different files.

1. one is the "f" files. if they appear in these files, then using a blank font file or blacking out the alphas for the numbers will hide the numbers on the front and back.

2. the other place are those special "a" files, which only appear in a handful of team slots. if you blank out these files or black out the alphas, then they will hide the numbers on the front.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Homer. I downloaded the spreadsheet and discovered I can just move my ALT uniform into a slot (Slot E) that didn't have a front jersey number by default. That was extremely useful. Everything worked fine...I was able to retain the names/numbers on the back and got rid of the front numbers.

Dennis

Hey Dennis, had a question for you since I know you've spent your fair share of time modding uni font files. I'm trying to get player names to show up on the back of a uni that by default doesn't have names. I've been looking at the f files and what's weird is the alpha files looks normal (ie aren't black outed), but the corresponding bmp's are blacked out. Thinking I was pretty bright I thought all I had to do was fill in the non-alpha bmp w/ white and I would get white lettering. Turns out that didn't work. I dug around some other uni f files that don't show names and I'm finding that the alphas for these unis aren't blacked out either, w/ the corresponding bmp's usually a solid colored block. It seems like in that case lettering should show up in the solid block color since the alpha file has white lettering in it, unless the solid colored block is the exact same color as the uni it's being layed on top of.

Hopefully I haven't lost you, or your interset by now.

The fact that the alphas/bmp's aren't blacked out makes me think that there's some kind of 'show name' boolean coded somewhere. Do you know anything about this, or see something obvious that I'm missing?

-Steven

it's coded by the uniform slot. that's why you want to look at that spreadsheet

Got it...I just don't understand why they'd even bother making lettering for uni's w/ no names. Gives us a sense of false hope.

because you can move it around to other slots and they will show up.

Yes, obviously. But I don't think the EA programmers had known we'd be moving files around when they created them. They actually had to make the effort to create or copy over letters and their alphas into a file that doesn't show names to begin w/.

Archived