Is anyone working on a program/mod to edit franchises?

GoChiefs

You know, so we can edit facial appearances and stuff during franchises. Currently MVP Edit only works prior to starting a franchise.

If someone did, that would mean he/she cracked the ".sav" files, and believe me if someone did that, we'd do more than just mod player's faces :D

I have faith though, someone will eventualy crack the sav files...(just by the time they do, it could be 2005, but hey let's be optimistic about it)...

People have been working on hacking the save files for awhile with no success. Just haven't had luck yet.

talk about pressing "submit" at the same time... lol

What you doin up this late?

Kamasutra,

Why doesn't your date joined, location, etc. information show up?

Is it because you're "hidden," you changed your profile privacy settings?

Just wondering,

Five

someone made a kick *** franchise editor for hh2004 cant remember who it was i didnt play hh2004 for too long but i got chance to use that and it was nice.

Kamasutra,

Why doesn't your date joined, location, etc. information show up?

Is it because you're "hidden," you changed your profile privacy settings?

Just wondering,

Five

no it shows up for me, weird. I don't have any special settings.

someone made a kick *** franchise editor for hh2004 cant remember who it was i didnt play hh2004 for too long but i got chance to use that and it was nice.

that's what people think of when they want a good mvp editor, somehting like the hh one

yeah like 2 weeks ago i think it was i posted over at the ea sports mvp forums i asked someone to make a editor just like that one for hh2004

It was a guy named DangerZ who made the HH2004 mod for editing franchises. The best program available for HH2004. If that could be made for MVP 2004, I'm sure it would carry the same crown.

Two words for all of you:

Good luck.

MVP has a checksum (I believe multiple, actually) on the file, which verifies that the SAV file is not corrupt. Unfortunantly, this means that if you make just one change to the file, the checksums have to be updated or the file will be corrupted, and will not load in the game. And to update the checksums, you have to know the algorithm to do so.

High Heat didn't employ this stuff until 2K4, and only then on the MF files I believe. I have spoken to DangerZ about it and he basically asked me if I had any contacts with the EA development team, as he was in contact with the 3DO team from time to time. :lol:

After that, you would have to figure out what each byte in the SAV file stands for. I've done a little of the mapping, but on a 1 MB file (1,000,000 bytes - roughly), that would take some time - and it's a lot harder when you can't edit it to see what changes you can make.

Is it doable? Yeah, but it is going to take a great programmer a la DangerZ and a lot of time.

Uh, not to sell myself short, I am a pretty good programmer too. :D But I have a lot to learn.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... if we could at least figure out how to get in and extract dynasty stats, I'd be satisfied for now.

If I could do something to help with that, let me know (my programming skills aren't great, but I am only 16 - still, I do know some stuff about programming so maybe I can be of a little assistance, I would like to contribute to the mod community).

By the way, sorry to revive such an old topic. ;)

Archived