Red Sox Uniform Crash Problem

dennisjames71

Hey Guys,

I got a doozy of a problem I discovered tonight with my MVP 2005/2008 game. I went to play Boston at Tampa Bay and the game crashes at the Uniform Select Screen. This only happens with the Boston Red Sox as the x-factor. In the past month I had installed some of the Spungos uniforms into my game and I have the game installed on another PC (without the Spungos uniforms) and it worked just fine.

I noticed that on the system that crashes, that I have 16 uniform slots for the Red Sox (slot 010) and on the PC where it works fine; there are only 13 uniform slots. That is the only difference. Is there any possible way to just ‘remove’ the extra uniform slots (u010 d/m/n) via Eagraph or some other method. This is the only team where this occurs; it’s just that I don’t play with the Red Sox much…leave it to Boston to give me a headache. :facepalm: Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks guys.

When it comes to removing things from .big files, I tend to use the bigGUI tool. I can't remember if it is in the MVPMods Downloads section, but you can download it from here: http://www.filefront.com/3675695/BigGui.EXE/

Start up bigGUI, open up your models.big and uniforms.big file and delete the offending .fsh files. After you delete the .fsh files, simply exit out of bigGUI. Don't save the file (since deleting or adding .fsh files automatically saves the changes) and don't select the "Rebuild" option from the File pulldown menu. I've had issues (i.e. corrupted files) when I've used the Rebuild option.

Backup your current models.big and uniforms.big file, try using the method above and see if that fixes your problem.

100 times....THANK YOU Jim!! That absolutely did the trick. I deleted the rogue font and uniform files from the Models.big file and the files from the Uniforms.big file. Additionally I extracted my old 10.fsh (uniform select pictures) so that it showed 13 instead of 16 uniforms. I'll just have to manually "correct" a few of the Uniform Select Pics to correspond with the alternate uniforms (e.g. make a new 10.fsh file for data/frontend).

I had noticed that in your TC Mods that it seemed that you could 'adjust' the number of uniform slots and now I have my new favorite tool to do that with for any future problems. Thanks again for saving the day. :clapping:

When it comes to removing things from .big files, I tend to use the bigGUI tool. I can't remember if it is in the MVPMods Downloads section, but you can download it from here: http://www.filefront.com/3675695/BigGui.EXE/

Start up bigGUI, open up your models.big and uniforms.big file and delete the offending .fsh files. After you delete the .fsh files, simply exit out of bigGUI. Don't save the file (since deleting or adding .fsh files automatically saves the changes) and don't select the "Rebuild" option from the File pulldown menu. I've had issues (i.e. corrupted files) when I've used the Rebuild option.

Backup your current models.big and uniforms.big file, try using the method above and see if that fixes your problem.

No problem -- glad to help. Deleting the uniforms helps reduce file sizes (which should help speed up game load time), so I always remove unnecessary uniforms when I can. Just as an FYI, if you remove the .fsh files from uniforms.big, you don't have to modify the 010.fsh file which contains the actual uniform previews unless you really want to. If a specific .fsh file is missing (e.g. 010d.fsh, 010m.fsh, etc., the preview screen will not be displayed, even if the bitmap file is in the 010.fsh file. Does that make sense?

I also use bigGUI when editing audio files (team name, stadium name, etc.). For example, if you remove a stadium header file from the stdnmhdr.big, a generic welcome message is heard when the game starts instead of something like "We're here today at RFK Stadium." This is what I did when I made Jarry Park the home stadium of the Expos (which are in the Washington Nationals slot).

I use this technique for the classic mods if I a specific stadium announcement isn't available. For example, in the TC1978 mod, someone created a number of city name announcements for me (e.g. "Welcome to Baltimore", "We're here in Milwaukee", etc.).

No that makes complete sense Jim...so that's like in your TC Mods where the default '2005' uniforms are "blacked-out" in the Uniform Select section? That's good to know. Also, thanks a bunch for the audio file editing info...I'm gonna try the same thing with Jarry Park and a few other stadiums.

No problem -- glad to help. Deleting the uniforms helps reduce file sizes (which should help speed up game load time), so I always remove unnecessary uniforms when I can. Just as an FYI, if you remove the .fsh files from uniforms.big, you don't have to modify the 010.fsh file which contains the actual uniform previews unless you really want to. If a specific .fsh file is missing (e.g. 010d.fsh, 010m.fsh, etc., the preview screen will not be displayed, even if the bitmap file is in the 010.fsh file. Does that make sense?

I also use bigGUI when editing audio files (team name, stadium name, etc.). For example, if you remove a stadium header file from the stdnmhdr.big, a generic welcome message is heard when the game starts instead of something like "We're here today at RFK Stadium." This is what I did when I made Jarry Park the home stadium of the Expos (which are in the Washington Nationals slot).

I use this technique for the classic mods if I a specific stadium announcement isn't available. For example, in the TC1978 mod, someone created a number of city name announcements for me (e.g. "Welcome to Baltimore", "We're here in Milwaukee", etc.).

No that makes complete sense Jim...so that's like in your TC Mods where the default '2005' uniforms are "blacked-out" in the Uniform Select section? That's good to know. Also, thanks a bunch for the audio file editing info...I'm gonna try the same thing with Jarry Park and a few other stadiums.

Actually it's stecropper who blacks out the default 2005 uniforms. I leave the 2005 home and away uniforms (slots A and B) in the mod and then just add the home and away uniforms for the year I am modding in two other slots. With regard to the stadium audio, let me know which ones you are thinking about editing, and I can tell you if I have a city name audio for the particular stadium. Also, if you need a list of the slots that each stadium name occupies let me know. I went through them all when I was developing TC1978 and wrote them down so that I'd have them for the future.

Hey Jim, Yes, that would be great to have the stadium/slot list. In the spring when I downloaded the uniform slot list; it has been invaluable. I aprreciate all of your help with this and I'm so happy this Boston uniform problem has been solved...couldn't have been easier.

Actually it's stecropper who blacks out the default 2005 uniforms. I leave the 2005 home and away uniforms (slots A and B) in the mod and then just add the home and away uniforms for the year I am modding in two other slots. With regard to the stadium audio, let me know which ones you are thinking about editing, and I can tell you if I have a city name audio for the particular stadium. Also, if you need a list of the slots that each stadium name occupies let me know. I went through them all when I was developing TC1978 and wrote them down so that I'd have them for the future.

Archived