One thing I noticed in the Minor League Video

cb

I noticed that the Rangers have 2 of their A-Ball affiliates in the game. Both the Blaze and the Indians are on there. Could this mean that there are 2 A-Ball affiliates for each team or do you think EA screwed up big time? :?

If they had the LumberKings, then Texas would still have 2 teams. The 3 A-Ball affiliates for the Rangers are the Blaze, Indians, and Lumberkings.

"The hardest thing for me is the names, and every year, I think, 'Well, we've already done the names,' " said Kuiper. "Then we found out we're doing Triple-A and Double-A players, and now we're doing all the minor leagues. If we start to do the Japan League, I'm in big trouble."

From: http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASApp/...f&fext=.jsp :mrgreen:

Hmm...

Maybe they are recording the names of the fake players...because I don't think they would throw in Krukow and Kuiper as real players, but probably as names to fake players.

Yeah... that concerned me as well when I read that. I'm glad they appreciate their work over the years enough to put their likenesses in the game, but it certainly takes away from the realism. Maybe the rest of the players are real people?!?!

OH well... some of us will find out for sure in a couple of days I guess. :D

I am wondering if the minor league players names were recorded in case they make the majors and therefore the players name could be announced if and when they are promoted. i remember that last year there were several players from the photo/audio list that were AA players that never made it to the majors and therefore were never created for any of the patches.

I am wondering if the minor league players names were recorded in case they make the majors and therefore the players name could be announced if and when they are promoted. i remember that last year there were several players from the photo/audio list that were AA players that never made it to the majors and therefore were never created for any of the patches.

Maybe, but hopefully they are doing every player andhave all the real players at the beginning of the year. You never really know who is going to make the MLB team in a given year.

You never really know who is going to make the MLB team in a given year.

I think that is why they record the names so when a player does make the team the audio id is already on the game and the player can be added to the patch. i hope that all the players, majors through minors will be on the roster but i have doubts.

I'm not sure of the reasoning from the creators at EA, my guess is that some of the players will make it and those players will then have audio when they are at the plate or in the field.

Archived